ASUS N53SV

Mister3000

Hello!

I Have Asus N53SV, but I have Intel i7, not i5. Do you think this has any effect to installation or use of os x mavericks?

Hi There Leaffi 

I am just replying from ASUS N53SV with i7 processor so yes it does affect the installation because the CPU is different. 

As far as I can tell from hardware list there is not much of a difference but just to be sure - what resolution is your screen or even better check the tag on the bottom side of your laptop - there will be an exact product id asus n53sv-XXXX 

On my install - I have trackpad and audio problem. 

If you want I can take you through the installation process but I need to make sure you are running the same setup as I am. 

All the best to you. 

Hi There Leaffi 

I am just replying from ASUS N53SV with i7 processor so yes it does affect the installation because the CPU is different. 

As far as I can tell from hardware list there is not much of a difference but just to be sure - what resolution is your screen or even better check the tag on the bottom side of your laptop - there will be an exact product id asus n53sv-XXXX 

On my install - I have trackpad and audio problem. 

If you want I can take you through the installation process but I need to make sure you are running the same setup as I am. 

All the best to you. 

Hi! and thanks for replying.

My asus product id for is N53SV-S1883V

Screen resolution > 1920 x 1080

Here is more specs of my laptop.

CPU
Intel Core i7 2670QM @ 2.20GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. N53SV (CPU 1)

Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 3000 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M (ASUStek Computer Inc)

RAM
16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)

Ok it's a great laptop, plus the hd 3000 is working really good on Mavericks as far as I can tell. 

Can you tell me what is your current situation ? With you and your computer. 

Have you tried to make any hackintoshe's earlier ?

What OS is currently on your computer and how familiar are you with concepts such as GRUB, Extensions, kexts etc ?

Would you like your computer to have one OS or multiple OS's ?

One thing to note - I have a different model from yours, screen resolution is different, but I will try to replicate the process along with you.

Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.

Hi Guys one tips .. when you say copy kext in E/E would you say in Extra/?  I'm no expert but I'm learning….

For Herve 

I seem to have figured out that if I have all the working kext for my laptop, wanting to make  my hack usb  I have to copy them to the extra folder key ?

And launch my fix(full)

Thank's