ASUS N53SV

Mister3000

First off thanks for your help Hervè.

By following your advise i am now running 10.8.5 on my Asus N53SV.

I had to go about it manually because for some reason as soon as i install EDP it makes my system to freeze when i reboot. No kernel panic just freezes at start up

so This is how i did it.

I started with my laptop running fine at 10.8.0

I removed VoodooHda.kext and did a MyFix full.

then i went to appstore and performed an upgrade.

that put me at 10.8.5 but no sound.

after i rebooted i found AppleHDA.kext on S/L/E and deleted.

i rebooted machine with myhack usb install and ran MyFix full

when machine came back up i used Kext Wizard to verify that appleHDA was not loaded.

then i dropped VoodooHda.kext on E/E rebooted with USB install stick and ran MyFix full from there.

Rebooted machine and VOILÀ!!

10.8.5 with sound.. everything working just fine.

Thanks again for your direction.

PS: I'm still trying to figure out why only 4 out of the 8 core graphs show activity, so if you have any tips i would appreciate your input.

• Administrators

Again, you should avoid doing such kext modifications in /S/L/E. You should have just copied VoodooHDA + AppleHDADisabler in /E/E and simply run myFix (full). Obviously that 2nd kext takes care of the VoodooHDA/AppleHDA kexts cohabitation issue...

Hi Hervè,

I defenetly misunderstood your directions. You are the expert so I will follow your advise.

As soon as I get home tonight i will put back applehda.kext in S/L/E and add the disabler to E/E.

By the way, do u have a link for applehdadisabler ? I did google it but did not find it.

I'm sure I could try to find again ..

Thanks

• Administrators

From memory, AppleHDADisabler can be found in the EDP audio kext packs in /Extra/Storage (the kext is installed in /E/E at EDP System Build if you choose VoodooHDA audio), but I can easily upload it here later on.

I'll give you an example of a reason for not deleting or changing kexts in /S/L/E: your mods are overwritten at the next update! For instance, delete AppleHDA in 10.8.5, it'll come back in 10.8.6 and you'd be back to square one. On the contrary, handling kexts trough /E/E + myFix is protected during/after updates since those kexts are managed specifically through /S/L/E/myHack.kext.

Ok I understand. That's the reason you are the expert, but I'm learning. From now on do not touch S/L/E. got it !!

Problem With EDP is that I can't install it in my system. Tried a few times already..

It makes the computer freeze.

On my D630 EDP worked like a charm.

My D630 still the envy of all my friends.. Lol

But I will appreciate if you upload a copy here..

Thanks again.

Is it possible to wake this laptop by opening the lid? I've been trying to make this work for some time but nothing seems to make it work.

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
            {
                0x18, 
                0x04
            })

0x18 is supposed to be a GPE Method, but I don't have any GPE Method with Lid in it. 

Adding

Method (_L18, 0, NotSerialized)
        {
            Notify (\_SB.LID, 0x80)
        }

to _GPE Scope doesn't work.

DSDT_N53SV.aml.zip