I installed myHack+Bootpack+EDP, but now Launchpad takes forever to open!

vgupta

Hello,

I installed myHack+Dell Vostro 200 Bootpack+EDP for Mountain Lion, but  now Launchpad takes forever to open! The launchpad was pretty quick like an original Mac in Lion, but it takes 5-7 minutes to open Launchpad which is very annoying. I have not yet gotten a graphics card(because it will take a few days to order it), but launchpad takes forever. Will the Nvidea gt 610 graphic card Pci 2.0 fix the problem? If you need any screenshots, or photos of my desktop, please ask. I will be getting my card in a few days, so it might solve the problem.

Thanks

vgupta

• Administrators

I told you your system would run very slow without graphics support, i.e. the way you run it just now... Get a supported card and your trouble will disappear, provided your build is Ok too, of course  <_>

As with anything, errors can occur. I presume he means things such as can normally go wrong - corrupt downloads (partially due to where you got it from - torrents often fail), fine tuning with the proper kexts, human error in creating the bootstick and installing it, proper BIOS settings, hardware failing, etc..