IOClass
BTFirmwareUploader
IOProviderClass
IOUSBHostDevice
Use Linux fw
idProduct
idVendor

The wifi is a atheros 965x card and still can't find a way to make it work

The BTFirmwareUploader activates the chip - i'll miss linux cold boot ;)

Added in v3.1 :)

Yes i have already added device ids to plist. Bluetooth is working but cant turn off it :( i also use your fn key kext. Unfortunately fn+f2 doesnt work :( do i have to do something else?

Is your system Asus ? Well due to standard bluetooth driver of Apple its not possible in software level and I've tried some methods but its not working very well. PM me if you want to experiment on that.

Hello, I'm sorry to have to ask this as this isn't your full time job and you're putting your own free time into this kext, but I was wondering if you might be able to add support for the Atheros AR9462, it's able to be seen perfectly fine on OS X, but OS X is injecting the wrong firmware(it's not able to connect or detect devices with this firmware). It's able to work fine when doing the classic boot into windows to load the correct firmware and then restart into OS X trick though so maybe there is hope.

I tried modifying your BTFirmwareUploader_v3.0.5_10.11.zip kext to add support myself, but the final product didn't change the loaded firmware version or allow it to detect or connect to devices.

The AR9462 is a wi-fi and bluetooth two in one that comes on the Asus Z-87 Pro motherboard and potentially others, the wifi portion of it is a lost cause but maybe its bluetooth could work?

Vendor and Product Ids:

VID: 0b05

PID: 17d0

Thank you for your time, and I hope you consider supporting my bluetooth adapter.

The attachment is of my system profiler with the correct firmware that was loaded from windows,

the incorrect firmware version that is loaded from a cold boot is Version: 7.4354 (6.1)

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-03-17 at 2.17.44 PM.png

Finally, here are the edits I tried to make

In BTFirmwareUploader.kext

Atheros-AR9462-17d0-0b05

BTController

AR9462

CFBundleIdentifier

org.emlydinesh.driver.BTFirmwareUploader

IOClass

BTFirmwareUploader

IOProviderClass

IOUSBHostDevice

Pipe OUT

Use Linux fw

Windows fw

idProduct

idVendor

In BluetoothDevQAtherosInjector.kext

CFBundleIdentifier

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMergeNub

IOClass

AppleUSBMergeNub

IOProviderClass

IOUSBHostDevice

IOProviderMergeProperties

USB Product Name

Atheros USB AR9462 Bluetooth 3.0 Controller

idProduct

idVendor

Added both cards support in v3.1 

Thanks for testing and reporting.

Hi EMlyDinEsH

Just came back to say that your job on BTFirmwareUploader inspired me to make the AR9565 work (wifi + bluetooth)

The topic is here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312045-atheros-wireless-driver-on-os-x-1011-for-unsupported-cards/

Hope it helps other developers to make unsupported cards work.

Good work! Is your method doing ids injection to Apple kext ? 

New version v3.1 has been released, so everyone please try and give me your feedback. 

Thanks

The only version that works for me is 3.0. I tried 3.0.5 and 3.1 and neither works for me. I have an Asus BCM94352 combo running on El Capitan 10.11.5. By not working I meant I can't connect to my bluetooth mouse. If I fall back to 3.0, it works. But as I said, 3.0.5 and 3.1 do not work even though the kext seems to be loaded successfully. 

Do you have some suggestion how I can debug this ?

jkl555

Hello, I am trying to get Bluetooth to work on my machine with OS X 10.11.5.

The problem is that the Kext doesn't get loaded. Tried v3.0 - 3.1. It worked on an older version of OS X (I think it was 10.9)

Any Idea why it doesn't load the kext?

14.07.16 20:08:25,375 com.apple.kextcache[482]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67050 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA16 for kext BTFirmwareUploader.kext

14.07.16 20:08:36,780 com.apple.kextcache[482]: Invalid signature -67050 for kext <OSKext 0x7fb4441f2910 [0x7fff7804c440]> { URL = "BTFirmwareUploader.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.emlydinesh.driver.BTFirmwareUploader" }

Since I updated to 10.11.6 the kext stopped working, I tried 3.1, 3.0, 2.8.5... no success at all =/

My card is a AR3012 VID: 0cf3  PID: 3004 +Qualcomm Atheros AR9565 pci168c,36
Qualcomm Atheros AR9565 pci168c,36 working now using the jalavoui kext

Checking my IOReg, the bluetooth IOProviderClass is IOResources instead of IOUSBHostDevice

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>IOBluetoothSerialManager</string>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<string>IOBluetoothSerialManager</string>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>IOPropertyMatch</key>
<dict>
<key>IOSerialManagerMustLoad</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOResources</string>
<key>IOResourceMatch</key>
<string>IOKit</string>
</dict>

I tried to change info.plist to match IOProviderClass to IOResources, and show the following message on log

Jul 31 19:41:54 localhost kernel[0]: Bluetooth Firmware Uploader v3.1 Copyright (c) EMlyDinEsH <www.osxlatitude.com> 2012-2016.
Jul 31 19:41:54 localhost kernel[0]: BTFirmwareUploader :: ProductID 0x3004, VendorID 0xcf3
Jul 31 19:41:54 localhost kernel[0]: BTFirmwareUploader :: Broadcom WiFi/BT combo Bluetooth controller found
Jul 31 19:41:54 localhost kernel[0]: BTFirmwareUploader :: Provider isn't a USB device.

In yosemite 10.10.5 was working fine using version 2.8.5_final

Working Perfectly now!
I just put the USBInjectAll.kext in my clover kext 10.11 folder!

I hope that helps others with the same problem