Panic on Dell Latitude D830 Intel 1920x1200

timothy1573

• Administrators

If you want ML, refer to the specific guide in the "Supported models with guide" section. The current guide is for the D830 LoRes (1280x800), but it would be nice of you to try it out for your HiRes WUXGA model. You should just have to replace the DSDT provided in the bootpack by the one you currently use in SL 10.7 or Lion 10.7.

Let us know, so that we may add/confirm the HiRes model to the guide.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The EDP bootpack doesn't work well for me.  When I install it, it stops at Step 6, where it says that myHack is finished, and the page keeps on reloading.  I close safari, terminal, and then reboot the system, then realized that Chameleon doesn't have the OSXL theme or the apple logo.  It just automatically boots into verbose mode.  Then, I also realize that there isn't any sound.  Also, if there is a fix for the Lion installation, it would be nice.

• Administrators

Bootpacks only provide essentials for initial installation. Hence lack of audio, it's non-essential. This is however covered by EDP once you do the EDP System Build.

I don't know what Lion fix you refer to unless you can pinpoint the exact cause of the problem. It's difficult to troubleshoot because I don'"t think any of us owns a HiRes WUXGA D830.