Compatability Charts missing something important.

immortalsoule

I've got a few of these laptops and i've noticed that the compatability charts (and guides) seem to forget that, in most cases, they make laptops with Intel & Centrino processors. I've got a bunch with Centrinos and these guides don't work for me. In the compatability charts, they're not mentioning this.

The D630(s) i have, one is Intel and the other is Centrino. One works great, the other has serious issues.

The E6400, i have Centrino processors on both of mine and the guides (i've found) don't work for them. And, it really should be said (up front) which processor it's been tested on and working and not 6-13 pages down the line...shouldn't it? Should they not, at least, amend the guides?

Shouldn't this be pointed out, first, before anything in the guides? Should these also not have a compatability listing for both Intel & Centrino CPUs on the list?

It seems there is a very obvious difference made with graphics cards but why not processors? Would that not confuse people expecting it to work for them?

I dunno, i just thought i would throw that in there (shrug).

• Administrators

Appreciate you might be new to Hackintoshing, but it's been known for years that Intel wireless cards are not supported and it's written all over the Internet. In the world of Hackintoshing, poeple are expected to do a bit or research.

We can't specify in the chart every hardware that's unsupported. That is why, you will have not failed to notice that for Wireless, we have actually specified the light blue double arrowed circle, meaning "with replacement".

• Administrators

centrino just means all the chips are intel... CPU,WiFi,Lan, and chipsets. it is not a core but a family of intel components... and yes centrino means intel WiFi which is not supported by apple. that is why your having issues. 

• Administrators

The question you are asking why we dont show more info about cpus is that not that many laptops have replacable CPUs, secondly.. it would be a bit of a nightmare for our web team to cover "everything scenario" ..

When you read these guides and try products like EDP, you have to see them as a "best case scenario" .. what works for hundreds of others.. might or might not work for you.. but they are still a good start.

Should you have any problems - just setup a thread in the right place and we'll try and help you out :)