D830 Mavericks Install

welp

• Administrators

Don't pull your hair, buy one of those supported models off ebay or something. They cost peanuts.

On my D630n, I'm using the Atheros AR5B91, which is natively supported

On my M4300, I'm using the Dell DW1395 with patched Broadcom kext (clear wireless network with MAC @ filtering - haven't tried encrypted mode)

On my Vostro Dekstop, I'm using the Tenda W522U USB dongle (supported with drivers available off Ralink's web site).

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't pull your hair, buy one of those supported models off ebay or something. They cost peanuts.

On my D630n, I'm using the Atheros AR5B91, which is natively supported

On my M4300, I'm using the Dell DW1395 with patched Broadcom kext (clear wireless network with MAC @ filtering - haven't tried encrypted mode)

On my Vostro Dekstop, I'm using the Tenda W522U USB dongle (supported with drivers available off Ralink's web site).

Advice well taken. Thanks.

Is there a list somewhere of cards/chips that are supported under Mav?  Got a BCM4321 here, (DW1505, I think) and it works great on ML, but haven't tried Mav yet.

Hello ..need help been trying for several days to get this running 

i managed to install maverick perfectly fine on my D830 nvidia quadro 140m ,but i cannot get the trackpad or keyboard running i tried all of the kexts from Edp setup but they don't work can someone be kind enough to post me the kexts for the trackpad and keyboard so i can complete the installation apart from that all is fine ,,,please someone help thank you

Hello ..need help been trying for several days to get this running 

i managed to install maverick perfectly fine on my D830 nvidia quadro 140m ,but i cannot get the trackpad or keyboard running i tried all of the kexts from Edp setup but they don't work can someone be kind enough to post me the kexts for the trackpad and keyboard so i can complete the installation apart from that all is fine ,,,please someone help thank you

Ditto. With the latest EDP I can get everything working except for the keyboard and trackpad work. I did find one option that allowed the keyboard to work, but nothing for the trackpad yet.

If someone has a working keyboard and trackpad recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.

So, I thought I would be a good guy and update my buddies d830 to Mavericks.  The install went well, booted up no problem but the issue is he has no wifi.  I searched and found this thread.  Looking at my machine I have a BCM4311, wifi works well, looking at his machine he has a BCM4312 and no go.  Is there anything out there that I can install to get the wifi going?