OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

• Administrators

Hi...

Have you tried to rebuild your kext cache (run edptool.command, select 1 and then a; and also run kext utility)

If that doesn't work try to reinstall chameleon and EDP, repair permissions using disk utility and rebuild the kext cache using edptool.command?

Cheers!

Hi,

I have the D630 working for some time now.

My son uses it and is complaining of that the system will stop and re-boots it self.

I have checked the CPU temp and this one will run up to 72 degree Celsius.

The Laptop is on a dock so it has more room to breath or vent then when it would be at the desk.

What are the normal temps of the CPU and would there be a way of bringing them down.

I have done a normal EDP 2.2 installation and it works just perfect.

thanks,

• Administrators

Hi robert,

My D630 normally hovers around 52 degree celsius when iddling (mind you the room is not air-conditioned and is just with ceiling fan)... During heavy CPU it goes up to 70s and at most 82 degree celcius (when that happens i'll point my table fan to my laptop hoping to assist the air flow to cool it down) :P

Resolved the wifi issue in Lion on D630 for me at least: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/604-weird-issue-with-ethernet/

delete I080211 family next

install Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext

Found new wifi device, gave it a name and turned on. All seems to be working there.

Will try a new touchpad now.

Sorry I'm completely new in this things... How can I do "delete I080211 family next" and "install Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext". Can somebody explain it or can I find it? What tools do I need?

Please Help me...

• Administrators

Hi mak-cs,

1. Open terminal application.

2. Type "sudo su" and enter your password.

3. Type "mkdir /System/Library/Backup"

4. Type "mv /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext /System/Library/Backup/" (This will move the kext to the temporary backup directory in case you need to use it again)

5. Depending on where you downloaded the broadcom kext, type "cp -r Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext /System/Library/Extensions/" (just check and make sure the name of kext is correct)

6. Use "Kext Utility" to repair permissions in /Extra and /System/Library/Extensions and rebuild extensions cache.

7. Lastly, reboot and try out the new kext.

Cheers!

Ok have it working again.

What I did :rolleyes:

Connected a external USB drive.

Installed 10.7 to this external drive.

removed the file on the drive in de D630.

run Kext Utility. (I'm not sure it did touch the kext folder on the internal drive)

e-started the D630 2 or 3 times with -v en -v -f

Then it started.

Run the Kext Utility now for sure on the internal drive ;)

seems to work. B)

Had the same problem again but find a better way to solve it.

Run a install disk of any OSX version you have and wait till you can select Terminal.

In terminal check the drives available with "diskutil list"

It will give you the list of drives available.

Change to the drive where your OS is on normaly this would by on Disk0s1 named "Mac Drive"

type in terminal cd /Volumes/"Mac Drive"

type ls and you should see the root of your Mac drive.

type cd System/Library/Extensions

and now you should be in the Extensions folder where the Kext are.

type ls to see if the Applehda.kext is available.

you probably have to scroll.

type rm -R Applehda.kext

the Applehda.kext wil now be removed from your Extensions folder.

Check this with the ls command.

type Exit in terminal.

stop the installation of the installation disk this is in the top Quite Installation.

Restart your system.

Now your system will boot again like before.

Once it runs run the Kext Util app.

;)

I got a Dell 630Nvidia, Bios A18, T9500cpu, 1440x900reso - all works but GPU HW acceleration , I cannot run cinebench, and youtube does not work as long as hw acceleration is enabled in flash player ? Anything I can make to get 3D/HW acceleration running on the NVS135M ?