OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

Sorry for the double post. I have installed Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 on my Dell Latitude D630 with nVidia Quadro NVS 135m video card. Compared to running on Windows, games run about 3-4X slower. I have the Fake CPU Power Management thing where I can change the frequency of it (MHz/GHz OnDemand or Conservative). I read that it may be the problem. Is it?

hello All. I'm trying the steps given in this post for Installing Lion on D620. I followed each and every step as given and when I try to boot from the USB it gives me 2 options to select from but when selecting "Mac OSX Base System" it says "can't find mach_kernel" and restarts. Please help me fix this problem. Thank you very much.

@ Bronxteck

Thanks for replying. One question here. I'm using the methods mentioned here for D630 for booting/installing up D620 system and using the Extra/Chameleon pkg mentioned for D630. This is going to work even for D620, right? Is there any specific version of myHack I should use or the current/latest one should just work fine?

Can someone who has used this for installing on D620 confirm?

Thank you very much.

The myhack method is great, I use that method. Yes you need to have mac installed, even if its in a virtual machine, like vmware. Ive attached my Extra Folder, when myHack ask for Extra point it to where ever you extracted the attached file and it will do the rest, rather than using the generic kexts it ships with.

here's the guide for myHack.

MyHack Guide

Extra.D630.Nvidia.zip

Just a side note. The extensions in the extra directory, I put them in /S/L/E instead of /E/E. You should in theory be able to use them from /E/E though.

The PS/2 Driver I included in this pack I have touchpad and J-stick working. but no scrolling, thats not a big deal for me as I dont use scrolling on the touchpad. I know there are others that work with scrolling in the EDP pack. the anv-slice version does, but the keyboard part of that kext only works when running OSX in 32bit mode, so I dont use it.

hope this helps.

Hello

Hopefully someone can help me, I am a newbie. i did everything like this instruction says and all I get is a kernel panic (something about cpu) when the installation should start. I have a D630 Nvidia.

Thanks

Hi markitos,

Can you post more detail on the error message?

Cheers!

Hi

This is what I have done so far

-Updated the bios to A17

-Changed the sata-mode to ahci

-Created the usb-install stick (8GB) with Myhack-method, used Osx Lion and the D630 extra-folder

-The installation boots up from the stick but soon after the apple logo appears this error:

Image 1

Hopefully someone can help me.

post-4064-015571800 1329325516_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Hi..

it seems that the nullcpupowermanagement.kext may not be present in your extra folder. Try and check to see if its there. If it is you may need to repair permissions. If its not there, you may need to copy from edp into it and repair permission. Or you can remove appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext from s/l/e folder. Maybe these few options can solve it.

Cheers!