[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

Hi Jake, After a lot of reading I managed to install yosemite. But i have the following problems.

1. system boots only if i keep my Flash drive connected. How do i make it boot without one?

2. Once i boot, system lags a lot. Looks like it is a graphics issue. It is only showing 7MB of graphics memory.

3. Wifi/Ethernet not working and "Show battery status in menu bar" option keeps unchecking automatically.

Kindly suggest/help.

• Moderators

1) Did you install Clover to your HDD/SSD? You need to install clover UEFI only, then in the BIOS add EFI/Clover/Cloverx64.efi as instructed in the guide step 14.

2) Yes, graphics issue. In Clover config.plist, add fakeID IntelGFX = 0x04128086 under devices. Use Clover Configurator to do this. Much easier.

3) Intel Wireless is not supported, need to be replace. Ethernet and Battery status is not working could be you didn't do step 14, installing kext with HVT

1. Managed to boot now.

2. Changed the value as suggested using Clover Configurator but now after reboot, the clover boot screen looks stretched and after the boot screen it is a blank screen and wont go further anymore. :-(

3. ok no problem, i will get a usb wireless

• Administrators

In your case: Azul framebuffer + HD5000Graphics kexts if you've patched them to obtain graphics acceleration. Add AppleHDA to the list if you've replaced it in the past to get audio running. The update will (re)install vanilla kexts...

And anything else you might have patched on your side and we don't know about.