[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

Which version do you need? 10.10.4?

It's always a good idea to backup before patching.

You could get them from the installer. Once restore to vanilla, reinstall the FakePCIID fix.

If i update to 10.10.4, did this 3 files will be updated to the vanilla version?

Thanks

Hi, 

on 10.10.3 working perfectly, i delete this 3 files "AppleSDXC, AppleIntelHD5000Graphics & AppleIntelFramebufferAzul ",

after i update to 10.10.4, and install with kext wizard FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400 and FakePCIID you send me. I repare permission and cache, reboot .......

but still same , the graphic is not so good as on 10.10.3! still opening the windows step by step and the mouse is not moving smoothly .

thank for suggestions 

Jake: after upgrading to 10.10.4 the fakePCID kexts were not updated.

Update: New fakePCID kexts from Rehabman solved (released on July 4th) the following issues. All is working well.

I am having issues with bluetooth and volume. The bluetooth works most of the times but its miss or hit. Either bluetooth is working or Volume but not both at the same time. Any troubleshooting ideas...I have already installed 10.10.4 HDA kext and EPADFix.kets. When all works, which is not all the times, it work like a charm...

I am using CLOVER. In your 10.10.4 there are two kexts IOAHCI and IOUSBFamily kexts, are they necessary in the cover setup and what are there functions? Thanks 

Thanks for your suggestions....

• Moderators

What bluetooth card do you have? If it's Intel, then yes, it's hits and misses since it's not fully supported.

For audio after sleep, see here.

IOAHCI and IOUSBFamily kexts are only needed for Chameleon, Clover has those patched on the fly. They are for Trimming and USB 3.0 wake after sleep respectively.

Hi Poke, I am a noob and i am trying to install Yosemite on my Dell Lat E7440 (i7,256SSD,8GB). I followed all the instruction but i am stuck at the boot logo all the time. (Did not reach the install screen as yet) Kindly suggest please.