[HP 8300 Elite] Mavericks installation

mrintegra

Guest Vishnu Patel

Hi everybody, i am making my 1st hackintosh with a free 8300 Elite i7 3770 i got from work.
I am struggling to even get to the installer, can you tell me what method you used to install?

i have tried clover and it would gray screen, and get stuck on a beach ball, then will black screen after 15 mins.

sorry to reopen a thread, but you have the same PC as me.
Thank you

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest HardRom

Hi everybody, i am making my 1st hackintosh with a free 8300 Elite i7 3770 i got from work.

I am struggling to even get to the installer, can you tell me what method you used to install?

i have tried clover and it would gray screen, and get stuck on a beach ball, then will black screen after 15 mins.

sorry to reopen a thread, but you have the same PC as me.

Thank you

I never did get mine to get past the bootloader.  Honestly forgot about this project while off work due to a severe back injury.

Guest Vishnu Patel

Do you have the exact specs as OP? Only have HD4000, no other graphics card?

What OS X are you installing? The bootpack posted was for Mavericks, it can be tweak for Yosemite.

Wow thanks for the fast response, i have been trying with my 9800GT, but i can take the card out...

and i don't know what you mean by OP?. but my system can be standard very easily.... just need to remove the card?

am not to sure what It uses... it should be HD4000 if i remove the card.

iv tred clover...

i did get Niresh to work! but then it froze on the create a user account, part.

and for some resone i decided to wipe the drive! and can't rembere what settings i used! have spent the last 3 nights trying to do it!

i am going to try and do it with out the card... Btw its yotismite but i don't mind getting maverick what ever is easiest.

Thanks guys :)!

• Administrators

If attempting Yosemite, please open up a new thread; this one is entitled "Mavericks", so let's be a little disciplined...

For Mavericks, I encourage you to create a myHack installer with the generic bootpack to start with. An nVidia 9800GT should be supported with Chameleon option GraphicsEnabler=Yes but may require some adjustments (DSDT injection/patching, kexts rollback or use of modified IOPCIFamily kext to avoid black/white screen). Booting in safe mode (-x Chameleon boot flag) would normally get you to Mavericks desktop, with minimum graphics support (i.e. VESA mode) in all likelyhood. Look here for details of what I'm talking about, keeping in mind that it may not apply to your HP desktop of course.

If you take the nVidia card out and opt for the integrated HD4000 of your Ivy Bridge i7-3770 CPU, you'll probably have to experiment with the Capri FrameBuffer to obtain working graphics. I also encourage you to read RampageDev's most excellent blog pages on HD4000 graphics. There are also more details on HD4000 graphics here

Guest Vishnu Patel

Thank you very much Hervé i have managed to boot to install, install and all working Perfect!!!

I used Niresh ISO, and only ticked the HD support option.. left everything els as all ready set...

This is with out the 9800GT and with the HD4000.... the place i was going wrong is using the VGA!!! it was freeking out the system.. changed to a Display port out put on the 8300 HP. and worked perfectly.. i found this out on the Article Hervé posted!

Guest HardRom

Optimistically breathed life into my project too.  Not a fan of distros, but working is better than not.  Will attempt the same and follow up.