[HP 8300 Elite] Mavericks installation

mrintegra

Bronxteck and Jake Lo, I'm hoping you guys would be able to help with a small dilemma on a similar system as Dell Optiplex 9010. Using a myhack approach, I was able to install Mavericks on an HP 8300 Elite. However, I can't get Mavericks to boot properly without the -x flag. The PC contains a Core i7-3770, HD4000, Intel 82579 NIC and ALC 221. I'm using the 9010 boot pack without the AppleACPIPlatform and VoodooHDA version 2.5 kext. 

I get the kernel panic message below, unless boot into Safe Mode:

[iOBluetoothHCIController][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!
DRMStatus: iTunes/Apple Store Content Access Problem. Content playback may be disabled on this computer. You can Continue to use the machine, but you should contact an Apple support representative. ErrorCode: 8877652

I've attached SystemInfo (Windows app that is similar to DPCIManger) screenshot, if needed. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!!

post-11332-0-98558000-1401495795_thumb.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

well your IntelCapriFrameBuffer values might be different then the optiplex 9010 due to the amount of video ram being allocated to graphics by the hp bios.

if it allows you to change the amount of ram or allows for the intel graphics to be set as primary try that. if not you need to play with the chameleon IntelCapriFrameBuffer values till you hit the right one. on the optiplex i think i used =9 

that other error about DRM did you have myhack remove problematic kexts during install? if so it might be caused by that. and this is all assuming that your getting stuck at what you posted when booting regular without -x as i am not sure if that's what your trying to describe.

I will try removing the EFI string and insert IntelCapriFB to 9. Do I have to set GraphicsEnabler to Yes? Yes I removed the 3 problematic kexts using myhack during the installation. Do I have to reinstall any of the removed kexts to get rid of the DRM error?

Thank you for your help!

Yep reinstalling the 3 problematic removed kexts by myhack and setting IntelCapriFB=9/ GraphicsEnabler=Yes did the trick. Thanks again for your help Bronxteck! I will be making a donation to your/ the site efforts and posting my Extra folder for anyone else who may need it. 

Guest HardRom

Attached is the HP 8300 Elite Extra folder from my install. Hope someone finds this useful!

I know this is an old post, but I'm hoping you can help.  I have an Elite 8300 as well, but no configuration or flag has gotten me even into the installer - I can see the Apple Logo for 1/2 a second, then it reboots. Even with your extra folder. 

I've attempted with manually making an installer and using clover, myHack...

No matter what I do, I can't get it to install (to the installer screen).

When I -v, I have seen that it usually reboots immediately after Device UUID is .... (with Clover).  When using Chameleon, it seemingly loads all kexts (Read HFS+ file), then reboots without a visible KP.

I've tried Mavericks and Yosemite (*both fresh downloads from Mac App Store).

I appreciate any help you can offer.