cannnot download from APP STORE After succesfull installing OS X 10.9 Maverick on E6410

etiennetimmermans

Do a search on the forum for clearance of the network preferences/plists in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. Then delete all your network interfaces from Network Pref Pane, reboot and add things manually, starting with Ethernet. It has to be en0.

chameleon has an option for built in ethernet. cpu can use chameleon wizard to set the flag for yor org.chameleon.Boot.plist. set the flag delete your internet adaptors and hit apply. reboot the machine. reinstall your ethernet first after adding it hit apply then add the wifi card and hit apply. then test to see if it works.

Thanks again for your patience. In tried different searches but did find anything about "network preferences/plists in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration."

Maybe I do not do it the right way. I did try again, in Network Preferences the different steps:

1. Delete networks adaptors, ethernet and wifi.
  2. Reboot.
  3. Create Ethernet, apply.
  4. Reboot.

In network_config file, when creating Ethernet adaptor, the choice offered already shows "en1" as id. In new-Config, after rebooting, same situation. Well it's late, I'll get back to this tomorrow. Good night !

• Administrators

Sigh... This has been discussed dozens of times before. Please do a search on "AppStore" or something.

1. make sure your have "Ethernet built-in" selected in your Chameleon boot plist. Use Chameleon Wizard for that, it's easier.

2. delete all network/interface plists in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. In fact, you can delete all files in there, they're automatically re-created on startup.

3. remove all interfaces from Network Preference Panel.

4. reboot.

5. add your interfaces manually in the Network Preference Panel, starting with the Ethernet. They may be automatically added though, in which case, check MAC address with ifconfig command to identify interfaces. If necessary, disable your wireless to ensure only Ethernet is visible to start with.

You will only be able to access the AppStore once your Ethernet is showing up as 'en0' in ifconfig Terminal command. Ok? en1 is no good.

Eg:

ChamBootPlist.jpg

NetPrefPane.jpg EthMAC@.jpg

ifconfig.jpg

Merci, Thanks Hervé for your help. I fear to harass people with my questions. Anyway, my last attempt of corrections ended with a non booting OSX drive. So I'll try a full new installation. I gathered and printed all suggestions of correction on this forum and I will try starting from the beginning,,another time. Wish me luck. I'll do that ,this week end.  I am thinking of taking out the wifi card before installation a make installation without it. Will give news afterward.

EUREKA !
Finally, I got iMessages and AppStore working. As mentioned in my previous message, I did a complete reinstall without my WiFi card. Finally I got Ethernet as en0. Afterwards, I did pop in my wifi card. I had some trouble following deanos19 solution because Chameleon Wizard was giving me an error message saying I had no Internet connection. So I downloaded the fileNvram.dylib file from the web and put it in the Extra/Modules folder manually . After making the modification to the PlatFomUUID, reboot and voilà ! Both iMessages and AppAStore are working.
Thanks a lot to all those who so kindly gave some help.  
Afterwards, I think that installing without wifi card was the key to my problems. Before that, all my attempts were unsuccessful because always my ethernet connection was identified as "en1" .  Installing system without it insured that it was recognized as "en0".  
So again many thanks to all.