Samsung R530 installation fails

Possible

Oke cool!

I managed to downloa the kext and edit de inf.plist files to my own card.  When i put the file in /S/L/E, it gives an error that the extension could not be installed. On the internet i couldnt find out about this problem (only te set permissions correctly but I already did that using this commands:)

sudo -s
chown root:wheel "insertnamehere"
chmod 755 "insertnamehere"
kextload -t "insertnamehere"

edit: Wifi is working now! I had to boot with -F and then it worked....

The problem is still that i cannot install any kext files... No matter what it is,  It keeps comming with the same message again '' extension could not be installed''

• Administrators

When you want to install kexts, you have to rebuild permissions and cache. Vanilla kexts are located in /S/L/E. However, myHack makes use of /E/E and combines kexts placed there with those from /S/L/E, rebuilds permissions and cache. This is done with the myFix utility of myHack.

As such, place your kexts in /E/E and run myFix (quick). You got wifi to work with "-f" bootflag because that bypasses kernel cache. Once you rebuild it with myHack, you won't need that flag again and boot time will be shorter too.

Oke thanks i will try that later. I tried to install HDA Voodoo driver for Sound, but when i rebooted i had kernel panic :P

So im now installing OSX 10 again on the mahine.. is it also possible to install the kext files due the installation? 

• Administrators

Did you just install the VoodooHDA kext or did you add the AppleHDADisabler kext too; these 2 go in pair, or Voodoo clashes with AppleHDA, so it's undoubtedly the reason for your KP.

No need to re-install -> read our article on removing kexts when KP at boot time!

No i only installed VoodooHDA kext 

I will add AppleHDADisable the next time together.. Im already installing OSX again so i will wait for that.

So for my understanding:

-Boot OSX -f for the first time. 

-add AppleHDADisable and VoodooHDA kext in /E/E

-Run Myhack Fix utility 

AFter that, reboot OSX with ''normal'' boot?

edit: ill probably can install 

VoodooHDA 2.8.6 pkg installer 1.0. It contains the AppleHDADisabled and latest Vodoo 2.8.4 driver

• Administrators

-f is not necessarily required on 1st boot. A myHack installation does rebuild permissions and cache...

Everytime you add a kext to /E/E, you subsequently "install" it through myFix (quick) and reboot. That's it, that's all.

You'll find documentation about myHack in the corresponding section of the forum.

When i look up in the /Extra/Extra directory, I see a few other kext files that have installed during the OSX installation. like cpumanagement.kext 

For those kext files, Myhack does not have to patch them each time i insert a new kext file right? so i can delete them....