Dell 3521 Installation using EDP

toekiman

Hi,

I've succesfully installed mavericks on my dell 3521 using Myhack but i've noticed some problems after fine-tuning with the edp app.
First of all, the patched appleintelcpupowermanagemet.kext that gets installed to get my powermanagement working, gives me a kernel panic after rebooting. I fixed this by downloading a patched version from the niresh website. After using their patch i could boot and everything works good now.

my second problem is that when i boot my hackintosh with -v, it hangs for a long time at "ioapic version 0x20 vectors 64 87".
How can i fix this ? I know it doesn't seem to be an error but it takes damn long to boot when it always stops there.

And last but not least, i found out that my laptop is using the realtek alc282 audio chipset but the edp recommends to install a version of voodoohda...
I tested it by removing voodoohda and patching my applehda using the hackintosh vietnam tool and got my my audio to work out of the box.

What would be the best to be using ? voodoohda or a patched applehda ?

Thanks.

Ok, so i just found out that the ioapic delay problem is caused by the dsdt which was installed by the EDP app. Booting with a self made dsdt using some patches from rehabman, i was able to boot and get everything to work. (although it doesnt seem to be as smooth as with the EDP dsdt.)

did you check to see if what you corrected in your dsdt is also applied to the edp DSDT?

No, how do i do this ? Do i just read the 2 files or is there some nice and easy tool to accomplish this ? xD

i'd add the dsdt's as attachment but i havn't found a way to do this yet :D

Ow yeah, maybe useful to know that this is about the dell 3521 with i5 3337u processor.

I'm having the feeling that something in my motherboard must be different from the one that's been used to build the dsdt.

Maybe that's why it hangs for so long.

I don't know who made the dsdt but do you guys use patches like the ones from rehabman or do you guys just write it all yourself ?

Otherwise, i could try to patch it myself if i can get a list of patches that were used.

• Administrators

I would have expected the DSDT to be the same regardless of the CPU; however, if you're using one, the SSDT table would naturally differ from one CPU to another. The SSDT generator tool has been mentioned in many posts, you'll quickly find out about it and it's very to use to make your own tuned-up table.

Ow yeah, i read that you may not mix up dsdt's and bios verions.

My laptop uses that last A12 bios which is uploaded since january 2014 so i don't see why the dsdt should have been made with another bios version.

(except maybe if there is something wrong with the last update)