E6410 - Yosemite booting, but black screen

cassa

Hello,

I've created a Yosemite installation USB using Uni-Beast (f*ck sensored words). I'm booting the installation using the following flags:

USBBusFix=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No -v -f

It boots, but before the GUI should start, I'm getting a black screen. The USB stops loading screen, I've been waiting for about 10 minutes.

Unfortunately I can't show you any errors because the black screen is just "showing" too fast.

Could anyone help me with this?

Thank you!

Unicrap has its own web site for support... But in all likelihood the system is not auto-detecting the correct Intel HD framebuffer so you have to inject it; either through DSDT or through bootloader.

I'm waiting on  a good tutorial for Yosemite on this forum. I'll try to find help on the Tony Mac site too.

I have a nVidia NVS 3100M btw

• Administrators

Ha, you did not say, so difficult to guess... If it's a Core2Duo CPU, then forget what I said about Intel HD. With a nVidia GPU, you should use GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

There are plenty of posts and threads here about Mavericks/Yosemite on this nVidia E6410; the /Extra folders should be reusable straight away in Yos. Just do a search.