E6400 Nvidia NVS 160M (not Intel GMA) Yosemite CLOVER Guide

krzysztofc10

• Administrators

You would assume correctly.

There are two things you may want to try:

1) identify your SDHC device in IOReg, then patch your DSDT to pretend it's compatible with OS X's default model (details are available in various E6xxx guides, for instance here). This has low chances of success on an old system such as the E6400

2) use VoodooSDHC kext, patched with your SD card device id (you'll find details in same various E6xxx guides, for instance here). This has higher chances of success on the E6400

First off, thanks for this amazing guide, laptop is running very smooth. I do have one problem, when playing a video, the sound stutters incredibly.

Any solutions ?

Do not have any problems with normal playback though. ie. itunes.

Yup, I'm definitely getting the stuttering on YouTube and Vimeo (that's all I've tried).

The one thing that did not work when I got this laptop (I ordered it from Ebay without a drive & used a drive that I had lying around) was wifi but I knew it was 50/50 depending on what card came with the machine. The BROADCOM BCM94322HM8L DW 1510 MINICARD I had ordered after I installed Yosemite & verified non-working status of the card I had (some kind of Intel, IIRC) arrived a little bit ago and it worked just fine.

As an aside, what is the difference between the wifi cards that have three antenna connectors and those that have two? I have run into both styles but I don't know the difference.

I did the update to 10.10.5 and the sound stopped working. I took all files from the 0X574R/kext/10.10 folder from the zip file that krzysztofc10 provided and dragged them unto the Kext utility. It fixed it. I assume that's what I was supposed to do? Or is there a different recommended procedure?

Anyway, sound works (though I still have the choppy videos issue --but I never expected it to magically fix itself so no surprise there).

• Administrators

You never provided your specs so if you have the nVidia model, you may not have full graphics acceleration yet and if you have the Intel GMA version, well, you will never have graphics acceleration and OS X will only run poorly on that model.

You never provided your specs so if you have the nVidia model, you may not have full graphics acceleration yet and if you have the Intel GMA version, well, you will never have graphics acceleration and OS X will only run poorly on that model.

The video seems good now. The only thing different is that I enabled SpeedStep in the BIOS (I rebooted and disabled it and verified that it makes video stutter when disabled).

For my future reference, specs follow (I just put them in my signature as well):

Latitude E6400 with BIOS updated to A34

Intel Core Duo 2.66GHz

3GB DDR2-800 (will bump this to 4 GB but not today)

80GB Western Digital HD (model WD800BEVS-75RST0)

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M 256 MB video memory with a 1440x900 display,

Dell Wireless 1510

No Bluetooth adapter for now (maybe I'll get one sometime)

Integrated webcam with model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_3141 ProductID_25585

Ricoh SDHC card reader (VendorID:0x1180 ;DeviceID:0x0822)

Running Yosemite 10.10.5

Not sure what else one would need to know.