E6400 Nvidia NVS 160M (not Intel GMA) Yosemite CLOVER Guide

krzysztofc10

DisplayPort works perfectly fine. Can't seem to get it running on the docking station though. Also if you use a power adapter that throttles your CPU, your computer will run kinda like in slow motion. Time will be behind by like minutes or even hours. SpeedStep being enabled does the same thing.

For Wireless, I have a secondary Apple Branded Broadcom 43xx card in mine, and it works perfectly. I had accidentally updated to OS X 10.10.4, only thing I can see being replaced is the audio kext.

Happy hacking!

Also note: If you use DVI at resolutions above 1600 x xxxx, you're gonna get white noise. Sleep the computer for about 2 seconds then press the button on again. The computer fans shouldn't stop whilst doing this.

EDIT: I had a look at my BIOS settings. All the things that the second guide told us to disable was enabled, except for VT for Direct IO. It may just be my machine, but try it and see if it works for you.

How did you get display port working!!!!? Becuase only VGA works and my Monitor isn't supporting that reoslution through VGA!? Can you please tell me how? Or can you give me a kext you Installed?

I just used the the kexts provided by OP. I believe the Quadro NVS 160M is using native kexts. Are you only using DisplayPort or using a DisplayPort(DP) to High Definition Media Interface (HDMI) adapter? I'm using an adapter, maybe try to source one from somewhere, if your monitor supports HDMI.

@robi62
It happens on mine too, doesn't affect performance in any way at all. If you enable SpeedStep, then you will get the weird, out of sync video and audio stutter. I think this might be a PowerManagement issue or something, I'm not sure, might need to look into it more.
For now, it just works  :mrgreen:

Hi,

I am more than a newbe in this topic. Just got the notebook in the signature and decided to flip it to Mac, since I think making music on it will be easier.

I have done all according to the second, more thorough instruction. and it kinda worked.

BUT!!!

I have the following problems now:

1. Wi-Fi device is not recognized by the system, though the LAN works.

2. Keeps telling me that the keyboard is not recognized and wants to recognize the Fn key but does not succeed.

3. Shuts down/turns off. On the next boot tells me that the system was shut because of high temperature, though the fan works correctly, body is warm and not hot. It had worked perfectly with much higher temperatures on windows.

4. After these emergency shuts downs boots normally on the second attempt only. The first time freezes on the screen rigt after the apple logo screen and I need to shut it down with the button.

Please, can anyone tell me what possibly my problems could be and where can I find the kext for my Wi-Fi card? 

Thanks a lot for both a very thorough and simple explanation of the process, as well as for the future support.