D630 with Intel Graphics Kernel Panic on install boot?

TechieJustin

your pic above is not a good sign.... sometimes you get that with a bad gpu especially nvidia are notorious for it they used to have a recall on it a few years back.

It is an Intel GPU, and it works fine under Windows.

It is the same resolution as the other guy, 1440 x 900.

So you have a resolution of 1440x900? Have you tried the dsdt ive posted?

If not, this version is especially for this resolution so goto post 20 download the dsdt.

Copy it to your USB-drive into the Extra folder - replace existing one.

Retry with this DSDT. If it works install Snow again - run EDP and befor reboot replace dsdt in your HDD root/Extra

turns out the hd i was using had some bad sectors. As a last resort i took the hd out of my nvidia gpu d630 and popped it into my intelbased d630 and it booted up no problem. Sorry for my panic earlier.I didn't respond sooner because a migraine headache has sidelined me for the last 12 hours. So all I need now is a wifi card and i am done.Thanks for your help everyone. You dudes rock !!

• Administrators

justin d620 is a very different beast (it uses 945 chipset) then the d630 (uses 965 chipset) the closer match would be a d830 build wise. have you tested some of the other dsdt's on the forum for d630? and if you can please put the machine specs in your signature... makes it easier to remember what i'm dealing with...