HP Pavilion G7-1235EG - need help :)

OSXnoob

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What have you got working so far?

So after some thinking I made sure to go back into system info on the bios to find out the exact model i have, and as it turns out that my G7 model is the 1260US with the i3 2330m cpu.  I wonder if that's the reason why i was having such a hard time getting things sorted out because I don't have certain features within my bios like the dual gp like amd radeon + intel hd 3000 gpu like others.  Last night i took it out the laptop from my closet and attempted to install Yosemite on it, I managed to get to the installation screen by booting with cpus=1 and -x -v, but i can't do anything after that because my mouse/trackpad isn't working.  I really think a dsdt maybe what i just need in order to get passed this issue. Any ideas?

I discovered that AppleIntelCPUPM patched needs to be checked. I've checked with sleep/wake and they work just fine even with closing lid and open after. Now what's left is trackpad, the battery indicator, brightness and wifi. Any wifi card you'd recommend? I believe this one is the half sized one.

I'm not sure, but i can't remember the command for terminal that shows everything. But as far as wifi, i ordered the Atheros AR5BHB92 and it should be coming next week. that would be all I'd need in order to get this thing completed along with windows 8.1 pro.