Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

Thanks for reporting :)

Does trackstick move poiner correctly at least?

Set both h/v to 0 (ZERO) to disable both scrolling edges and see if that fixes things again!!!

Setting h/v scroll divisor to 1 will make scroll extremely fast...

It should be set to 13+ to have reasonable speed.

I'm suspecting that your touchpad has a different resolution.

V/HorizontalScrollDivisor = 1 and 0 changes nothing for me. Trackstick works great for me, except for scrolling (not working at all). Rushmore v3 e7440. If you could merge scrolling from this version to R4 it would be perfect for my setup. I make all tests on 10.11.3

• Like 1

Sensitivity issue with Dolphin is a known issue with the patch I applied (according to the author of the patch).

Trackstick working well is an achievement because its now using much cleaner code straight from Linux.

Release 5 RC2:

- Fixed potential problem with Rushmore init

- Removed Trackstick inertia

- Increase dolphin sensitivity to pressure (test sensitivity and side scrolling)

- Make gestures more responsive

Release 5 RC2.zip

R5 RC2 feedback:

v3 Rushmore e7440 bios A15

PROS

2 finger scroll great, responsive, no gap between fingers required, nice inertia effect

3 and 4 finger gestures are ok

trackstick works ok for me, speed seems perfect, no scrollig at all

trackpad movement seems smooth but, rehabman's version and your R4 with v/h = 1 is smoother

CONS

on my setup bottom and right edges seem irresponsive, about 10mm from bottom and 5mm from right,

also the same effect is near left and top edge but less disturbing

trackpad seems to be recognized smaller than it is actually

Here is my positive feedback on 5RC2: :-P

-On Dolphin the needed pressure is ok now! 

-2 finger scrolling works

-Multitouch i don´t know

- 1 finger scrolling on the right side is working! (side scrolling),the area where it works is about 2 cm width

- I have the same issue with the correct size as kfiatos mentioned, the bottom is not recognized, (about 1.5 cm on the bottom )

one thing i recognized:

on the login screen clicking is enabled, but when the desktop is loaded, i have to open the prefpane once to enable clicking. I am on Sierra 10.12.1 since today

• Like 1

Release 5 RC3:

- Fix trackstick buttons/scroll

- 3-finger gestures work by default (no need to assign)

- Disabled side/bottom scrolling by default

By default, 3-finger gestures are as follows:

UP: mission control

DOWN: show desktop

RIGHT/LEFT: switch workspaces

If the only gesture that works is DOWN, you need to swap command and control buttons in system preferences (keyboard > modifier keys)

Release 5 RC3.zip

Kudos Dr. Hurt for this version! It is progress for me. Right edge works ok but bottom was still dead. I set

FingerZ = 1

SwipeDeltaX/Y = 400

and it is perfect for me.

E7440 Rushmore V3

Gestures work, trackpad works all around, 2-finger scroll is perfect, trackstick works with scrolling. After editing above lines it is final version for me. 

If someone wants, feel free to  check it out.

Thank you Dr. Hurt, now I can update to Sierra. This one thing was holding me back.

Release 5 RC3 by Kfiatos.zip

I installed the R5RC3 version, and all functions and gestures are working fine, except for 2 things:

- The trackpad pref-pane in settings opens, but doesn't show anything, only the gray window. This is normal?

- When I boot, the touchpad click works fine at the login screen, but stops working after I login to my user. I can do everything but clicking with the touchpad. The left and right click buttons work though. There is anything I can change in the info.plist to fix this?

Thanks in advance, and congratulations on your great work on this.