Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt,

could you please explain to me difference between your driver and Rehabman's driver. In your version (Rushmore v3) when I apply light touch or slow movement - coursor stops. In Rehabman's it just slows so the movement is smooth. On the other hand your RC4 perfectly supports 3 finger gestures (I love them) when Rehabman's supports only 2 direcions for 3 finger gestures but all directions using 4 fingers. 4 fingers unfortunately doesn't work for me, its very inconvenient. Maybe there is simple solution to solve this issue? I can tinker myself but my cpp knowledge is rather basic. Looks like Im the only one with this issue or others don't care

• Like 1

RehabMan wrote the PS2 driver which is how MacOS (and the ALPS driver) communicate with the touchpad hardware.

His driver doesn't support ALPS. He merged bpedman's code in a separate branch to add support for ALPS.

The linux ALPS driver was ported by many people to work with Rehabman's voodoops2. My driver is just another option. Built on the latest linux, with many changes to make it work better with OS X. It's a personal free time project which I decided to share hoping to help out people with similar hardware. No guarantees whatsoever given 

As for your issues: (in trackpad info.plist)

For movement:

- try reducing fingerz to 1

- try setting v/hscrolldivisor to 0
- try setting unsmooth input to true.
- try both smooth and unsmooth to false

For gestures:
- try reducing swipedelta(x and y) to 400 or less

Good Luck :)

Dr.hurt.

It worked!!!!! Amazing.

But it seems the single finger move need to use the thumb or two fingers to run it. And the two fingers gestures need three fingers to run.

Thank you for your doing. Thanks. And could you fix the issue? It would be perfect.

Tested Release 4 RC3.zip and Release 4 RC4.zip and both are working well with trackstick and keyboard, but with the trackpad i'm experiencing a strange issue: it moves very slow and stops working for a few seconds while tracking.

What should I do?

Dr.hurt.

It worked!!!!! Amazing.

But it seems the single finger move need to use the thumb or two fingers to run it. And the two fingers gestures need three fingers to run.

Thank you for your doing. Thanks. And could you fix the issue? It would be perfect.

Dolphin a4:

- Common init code for both V1 and V2 (probably won't work, but worth a shot!!)

If it doesn't work, I'll revert and try to debug a3.

Dolphin a4.zip

Dr. Hurt,

could You please tell mi which settings are responsible for scrolling? I want to make last phase of scrolling smoother, to stop scrolling slower, more inertia like. Now it just makes few lines and stops and it doesn't feel right for me. Vertical scrolling of course.

Dr.hurt,

- try setting v/hscrolldivisor to 1

worked for me. No cursor is super smooth and gestures work great both 3 and 4 fingers. For E7440 users - give it a try if You have issues with Release 4.

Thx a lot Dr hurt, you are the best!

Modified kext:

attachicon.gifRelease 4 by Kfiatos.zip

Wow. This one is perfectly working on Latitude 6430u! 

Thanks so much bro!!