Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

• Moderators

Dr.Hurt,

Is there a way to slow down the scrolling for the trackstick. it's a bit fast and maybe enable inertia too if possible. All and all, R4 final is very stable and very usable. Better than all the previous versions up to now for Alps touchpad.

Also, option and command keys are switched, I know I could use switch it in Keyboard Preference but wonder if that could be done without it.

Thanks!

Try the a3 version. 

Test v3 version, the keyboard works fine, but the touchpad's working mode becomes a pointing stick work, not the touchpad itself

x=0, y=0, z=0,

ALPS: RUNNING decodeDolphin

ALPS: fingers=0, buttons=0, x=0, y=0, z=0,

Dr.Hurt,

Is there a way to slow down the scrolling for the trackstick. it's a bit fast and maybe enable inertia too if possible. All and all, R4 final is very stable and very usable. Better than all the previous versions up to now for Alps touchpad.

Also, option and command keys are switched, I know I could use switch it in Keyboard Preference but wonder if that could be done without it.

Thanks!

- Trackstick speed (scroll and move) has to be hardcoded. Will reduce speed in next release.

- Inertia for trackstick is really difficult because it sends movements rather than coordinates so its not easy to control.

- In the info.plist of the keyboard kext, you'll find an option called "swap command and option". Set it to true.

===============

Release 5 beta 1:

- Massive cleanup and refactoring of almost every part of the driver.

- Trackstick code updated to Linux 4.7 again!! Hope it works this time!! Might need some work.

- Fixed a serious bug in edge scrolling. Somehow fixed a lot of random unrelated problems I had!!!!  :)

- Gesture and scrolling accuracy improvements.

The amount of code changed in this release is scary!! Hope it doesn't break too many things.

Release 5 beta 1.zip

- Trackstick speed (scroll and move) has to be hardcoded. Will reduce speed in next release.

- Inertia for trackstick is really difficult because it sends movements rather than coordinates so its not easy to control.

- In the info.plist of the keyboard kext, you'll find an option called "swap command and option". Set it to true.

===============

Release 5 beta 1:

- Massive cleanup and refactoring of almost every part of the driver.

- Trackstick code updated to Linux 4.7 again!! Hope it works this time!! Might need some work.

- Fixed a serious bug in edge scrolling. Somehow fixed a lot of random unrelated problems I had!!!!  :)

- Gesture and scrolling accuracy improvements.

The amount of code changed in this release is scary!! Hope it doesn't break too many things.

HI! Dr.hurt

I tried all the versions to make it work, but the results in addition to the keyboard, the touchpad does not work. Which A3 version of the trackpad to work in pointing stick mode, my machine does not exist pointing stick

Want to get it working: device info E7=0x73 0x03 0x50, EC=0x73 0x02 0x02
Attachments work perfectly in 10.11.6

I'm sorry, I can not speak English. The following translations are automatically translated

My machine does not have a pointing device, only an ordinary touchpad.  14R 7420 In the use of dolphin a3, the touchpad is simulated as a pointing device, rather than the touchpad itself, click, slide the state, whether to understand?

• Moderators

R5beta1:

• The infamous trackstick mouse jumping 45 degree to the right is back when you lift your finger.
  • Middle button scrolling is no longer working
  • Can't click and drag window with trackstick
  • Can't right click or select cuz trackstick keep jumping to the right 45 degree
  • Can't highlight with trackstick