Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

Thats good news :)

How much faster should I make the trackstick? 2x faster or 4x faster? The target is same speed as touchpad.

There's not much I can do to improve scrolling. It's just how the Linux driver works.

As for older versions of OS X, I have the deployment target set to 10.6+

I haven't personally tested anything other that Yosemite. I guess we'll have to wait for more reports.

• Moderators

Thank you for your support so far. I think 2x faster should be enough, it's near Windows speed.

I'll do a new Mavericks install with Clover and see if it makes a difference. I've been running Mountain Lion and  Mavericks with myHack.

Will report back tomorrow. If it works with Mavericks, then I'll try rebuilding Mountain Lion too.

• Like 1

I'm back @home

Downloaded Release 3 which works about 8 minutes, then a lot of "ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream." errors, then "ApplePS2Keyboard: Unexpected acknowledge (fa) from PS/2 controller." after this error pad and stick died

@wern: Are you sure you don't have any other kexts installed? We have the same hardware if I remember correctly. Use ikext to install. Delete the mouse kext from the plugins folder before install.

@Gia: It would be helpful if you provide the hw version of your touchpad. Search in console for "found ALPS ..." If I have to guess, I'll say its a V3 Rushmore. It had an update related to sleep in its interrupt handling.

@Jake: I'm using the 10.10 SDK so maybe this is why the kext is not loading on older versions. Will change that later and post a test version.

@wern: Are you sure you don't have any other kexts installed? We have the same hardware if I remember correctly. Use ikext to install. Delete the mouse kext from the plugins folder before install.

I've manually deleted the kext before copy them, mouse kext is not present in Release 3, same hardware V3.

Now i remember, i've started the Laptop and closed the lid after 8 minutes, so pad and stick died after wake from sleep like on Gia's post.

I see this error "Unexpected acknowledge (fa) from PS/2 controller" after wake from sleep.

What about inertia?