E6430 10.10.5 Installer - Help

sroman

Hello everyone!

Let me start out by saying that I believe I am (or was) an experienced hackintosh'er.

I've been installing OS X on PC's from the beginning (who remembers having to use a ps1 iso patcher to apply patches to 10.4, then wasting spindles of dvd's on bad burns...).

Anyhow, I've recently gotten back into the scene with Yosemite after leaving off with Snow Leopard. I'm currently typing from my barely working Yosemite desktop (no qe/ci - hd3000/RadeonHD7990), which I installed only to make a proper installer for my laptop hence the reason for writing this post.

The laptop i'm trying to install onto is an E6430 with i5-3340M. I would rather have the use of the HDMI port, so i've disabled Optimus.

After countless times of following the Yosemite guide by Jake Lo, I'm left to believe it's out-dated. My only reason in saying this is that the Yosemite installer I download from the App Store is already @ 10.10.5... I've tried using all the files to boot the installer, but sadly I am left with a KP. It seems to be locking up on appleacpiplatform. If possible, could you update the guide to use the newer 10.10.5 installer? Thanks for the help!

Edit: This is the guide i'm following.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7478-dell-latitude-e6xxxe7xxx-yosemite-install-guide/

I've followed every step including creating the ssdt and renaming the dsdt, moved kernels, copied extra, applied updates to the installer, etc., but still no luck.

• Administrators

post number 3 has  10.10.5 files if your using chameleon boot loader you need to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext or use nullCPUPowerManagement.kext. in clover just select kernel pm and asus aicpupm fixes and -XCPM boot flag

I originally thought those files for updates were post-install, but learned that after the first few tries. Where it says:

Remember to rename nullCPUPowerManagement.kext.bak to NullCPUPowermanagement.kext from /Extra/Extensions before any OS update to prevent KP!

Replace files to /Extra/Extensions/SLE, install all to /System/Library/Extensions with kextwizard. 
Should I replace the files in /Extra as well as /S/L/E on the install usb using kexwizard? I'm confused as I've done this already... But i'm off to try again, I'll report back.

Well, it's installing! I applied each update from 10.10.1-10.10.5 to S/L/E of the installer and repaired after each. This thing runs smooth, and i'm only in the installer. Thank you both for the help. I will post back after success.

The install finished flawlessly, however upon first boot into the hdd when the GUI is supposed to load, the screen just goes black. I'm going to install all the updates to /Extra on the install usb hopefully allowing the hdd to boot properly.

Installing updates to /Extra did not help. Getting tired of playing with the usb, I pulled the drive out and mounted it to my desktop. I installed chameleon, installed each update 10.10.1-10.10.5 with kext wizard repairing and rebuilding cache after each. I copied the /Extra from USB to the laptop drive as well. Now upon booting with -v -f, I get 

**** [iOBluetoothHCIController][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

I researched the issue and it points to graphics not initializing and that it needs to be edited in the DSDT. I see the e6430 has to be on A12 bios and i'm on A16, so I guess that would be my next route, to rollback the bios to A12?