E6420 El Capitan-Difference between Lo and Hi Res for config./DSDT?

ssprod

• Administrators

To ascertain full graphics acceleration, you can simply open up DVDPlayer (assuming your E6420 does have a DVD Player) and display the "Supported Features" from many "Help". Everything will be supported with full graphics acceleration.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

@ssprod: I can't explain that weird behaviour other than mis-configured performance tuning (SMBIOS profile, generated SSDT, patched AICPUPM/NullCPUPM). I have not experienced such misbehaviour on my E6220 between Yos and EC and this is roughly the same platform, just a little version of your E6420.

Greetings Bronx, excuse the delay. Generated a new SSDT as you suggested. Still getting buggy performance, freezing when downloading anything, freezing from sudden trackpad movement running 10.11.2, which is confusing me, as the same DSDT+SSDT is working extremely well with 10.10.5. Should I change anything specific or exclusive in my DSDT/config.plist that would apply to El Capitan only? Thank you. 

ssprod

hmm. can you try swapping the memory cards if using 2 or relocate the ram to the other slot if using only one sodimm.

Point taken, thank you. I did switch the 2 separate sticks, no change in behaviour. Wondering if my DSDT/SSDT is flawed. I've not been able to locate a set for the 6420 Hi Res using the 2520 cpu on this site. I'll keep searching, thanks.