Latitude E6510 El Capitan

griftopia

• Administrators

VoodooSDHC does not really break Sleep per sé; it actually causes issues at Wake and often prevents system to properly resume. When that happens, little choice but to go through a forced power off and reboot.

Can you please post the output of Terminal commands sudo pmset -g and ls -la /var/vm ?

You may also try the attached patched DSDT.

Patched_DSDT.aml.zip

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Output of sudo pmset -g is :

Active Profiles:
Battery Power -1
AC Power -1*
Currently in use:
 hibernatemode        0
 halfdim              1
 lidwake              1
 womp                 1
 networkoversleep     0
 sleep                10 (sleep prevented by apsd)
 ttyskeepawake        1
 disksleep            10
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 displaysleep         10

Please note hibernate mode used to be 3, I set it to 0 because bronxtech asked me to try. Didn't make a difference.

Output of ls -la /var/vm is :

total 4194304
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel         102 May  1 15:38 .
drwxr-xr-x  24 root  wheel         816 May  1 15:40 ..
-rw------T   1 root  wheel  2147483648 Apr 29 18:46 sleepimage

I put hibernate mode back to 3 and tried the Patched_DSDT.aml. Didn't make a difference. Same symptop. Screen blanks, Power button never goes to Blink. Pressing does not bring display back. Only option is Power Cycle.

Funny thing, is I ran pmset -g again, and this time I see "Sleep prevented by AddressBookSourceSync" So it seems like multiple things preventing sleep. Seems wierd.

Ran it once again, this time - sleep prevented by softwareupdated, storeassetd. Makes sense since I decided to apply final updates from AppStore. Or does it? Updates are still getting applied and I didn't try to put laptop to sleep. Huh?

• Administrators

As advised by Bronxteck, hibernate mode must bet set to 0 (i.e. plain old sleep because hibernation does not work on Hackintosh). Remember to also remove the SleepImage file from /var/vm, but that's only an issue for wake...

Okay, but first I should make the laptop go to sleep right? It is not doing that. The fan still running, only screen blanks and I see it trying to save state to hard drive (or seems like it when other laptops go to sleep), but it never does.

After I restarted now I get sleep prevented by AddressBookSourcsSync, apsd, UserEventAgent, UserEventAgent, UserEventAgent.

I will restart and again try with Patched DSDT, then after it does not work, once again see what it says. Maybe someone can make sense of it.
Now, there is no reason specified...