Inspiron 5558 i5 5200u El Capitan

radionoise

Thank you Crew,

I tried it, but I am still getting errors and PlistEdit Pro won`t save edited plist.

Please can you edit my config? I know that if I want to have Mac OS X on my pc I should know more about it :( ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69pqnizm0hzyuuv/config.plist?dl=0

I am trying add that patch to my config using PlistEdit Pro and also with Xcode but still with no luck, always some errors at some lines.

Thank you Crew,

now sound is working thru hdmi but the sound freezes and is distorted.

But thank you anyway for your time and patience, it is a step forward so once I will have time I will check some forums and will try change my config according my hardware.

Hi I have followed all the instructions on https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-clover-guide/&do=findComment&comment=54621

I have installed El Capitan 10.11.4 here are my questions:

1. Is it okay to skip step 10(Generate own SMBios and SSDT) as I have checked SMBios is already there on clover config. I cannot generate SSDT file as there is an error processor not match?

2. Camera is not working. It is detected on systen info webcam and in USB. It worked on setup(take picture on creation of account) but after installation, I cant make it work. Have replaced FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext & FakePCIID.kext but still not working

3. There is a ficker on boot screen(1 boot blink + gibberisg logo on loading + progress bar blink), is this normal?

Kindly see pictures below:

Whats working:

Integrated Graphics(HD5500)
Brightness control
Sound
Sleep
Battery
Internal Microphone

Function Keys(volume, sound, network, etc)

Not yet tested:
Audio Jack
VGA & HDMI
Wifi & bluetooth(not yet tested DW1560 is still on delivery)
Ethernet/Lan Cable

Not working:
Webcam

I have used:
EFI_v4119.zip
5558_HD5500_DisableNvidia.zip

EFI Boot(for 96MB DVMT)
AppleHDA_ALC255.kext.zip (for 10.11.4)

• Moderators

1) Yes, need to generate new serial with the same SMBios, keeping the rest of the info. Reason...everyone who use my bootpack will have the same serial, not unique.

The CPU error might be normal, not sure which error you mean. Post screen. 

2) Webcam should work if it's showing in Camera and USB. What gives you the conclusion that it's not working?

3) Yes, that's normal. Usually worst on system with high resolution, lower resolution like 1366x768 are very minimal.