Inspiron 5558 i5 5200u El Capitan

radionoise

The boot issue was totally my fault. The thing is that i had Sierra beta installed before, with EFI volume (configs, kexts, etc). Every time i tried to boot newly installed 10.11.6, Clover used that config and those kexts. That's because I forgot to erase the EFI (or at least I could use F12 key to boot Clover from USB with 10.11.6).

As for audio- yes, I have installed both kexts using KextUtility (i guess it fixes permission and do the things with cache)

UPDATE: Used a different kext. Sound is working now!

Hi,

I've got a very similar laptop, also a Dell 5558, but I'm having issues getting started. Perhaps the wrong version of the bios?

I'm trying to set the video startup memory

After some trying I was not able to find the setup key in the bios that was described. I finally managed to get booted to EFI and setup_var isn't recognised as a command.

I'm on bios version A10.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

Got the efi shell:)

now looking for the variable name to set video memory

Got it! I found reference to 0x15b and 0x15c, tried both, 0x15c left the system unbootable, I think that must be just for dedicated graphics, I only have the Intel. got it up running and 0x15b set at 0x3. Windows reports 192mb but I confirmed 0x3. :))

Wish me luck, haha

• Administrators

For the HDMI audio patch, all that's required is to modify the HDMI output connector-type from its default value of 00 04 00 00 to 00 08 00 00. This patch is applicable to all systems whatever the frameBuffer (SNB, Capri, Azul, BDW, etc.) and for all versions of OS X.

So, you need to identify the HDMI port line in your particular layout-id of the Broadwell framebuffer (kext BDW FB) and then apply the binary patch; this can be done "on-the-fly" through Clover or through direct binmod of the FB binary file itself.

• Moderators

add this under KextToPatch of your Config.plist using Xcode or Plistedit Pro, not textedit

Comment

HDMI-audio, port 0105,0x16260006

Disabled

Find

AQULAAAEAAAHBQAA

Name

AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer

Replace

AQULAAAIAACCAAAA

Comment

HDMI-audio, port 0204, 0x16260006

Disabled