Inspiron 5558 i5 5200u El Capitan

radionoise

I have been looking into DSDT, I am editing the layoutId in HDEF, is this correct? as I've seen layoutId also in PCI0. Been facing syntax error on other locations i have not edited(lines 2k+ & 4k+) will try to sort that out later if I can

SDCard iss seen on usb devices as USB-2.0CRW, maybe this js just a driver issue? Been looking into implementing VoodooSDHC but still learning how to do that. Lol

1. Installing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in clover works! My brightness is now saved even on restart/shutdown

2.I'll be trying sierra 10.12.6 next time :)

2(3).Ill try to report this, I will just try to monitor the clockrate if it is not throttled or any speeds relating tonthis and will report to the respective person.

3. Oh, my bad. So that means I am limited to scrolling gestures only?

• Moderators

You could click and drag, tabbing and some gestures. You'll have to play around assigning functions through keyboard shortcut preference.

I think there's 2 layoutID, one in HDEF, the other in HDAU. Remove both.

Just this inside _DSM Method

"layout-id",                     
Buffer (0x04)
{
     0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                         
}, 

and change the Return (Package (0x06) above it. What ever the hex is, subtract 2. So the example below, change it to 0x04 after you remove the layoutID

ie

Return (Package (0x04)             
{
    "hda-gfx", 
     Buffer (0x0A)
     {
          "onboard-1"
     }, 
     "PinConfigurations", 
     Buffer (Zero) {}            
 })     

I have successfully edited DSDT and removed the layoutiD in HDEF ang HDAU.

To test i have tried booting without layoutId in config.plist and audio is gone.

I tested layoutIds 3, 13, 17, 27, 28. All internal speaker and headset sound are working, but microphone via headset still not detected when plugged in. LayoutId 27 comes with another option on mic but it expects a different line in(not together with headset). Is there anything I can try?

Do you think implementing VoodooSDHC can probably make cardreader work?

Previous post I was referring to gestures of the touchpad.

• Moderators

I was told layout-id 3 has working mic but not sure if internal mic or external. You could try patching the kext yourself. Plenty of guides out there, here's one.

Not sure VoodooSDHC will work for USB based SD Card reader, but you could try. There's also a guide here, search for it, that shows how to edit the prod ID and Ven ID in the info.plist.

Yes, I think it's limited to scrolling only.

Thank you for your support on my installation, I will be researching further to make the sdcard reader and external mic to work. 

Just now I noticed that when plugging a usb 3.0 device to usb 3.0 port, it does not detect the device, but plugging a usb 2.0 device into 3.0 port, it recognizes the device.

• Moderators

Try adding USBInjectAll.kext

Launch Config.plist with Clover Configurator. Under Kernel and kextToPatch, add this manually, it's not in the drop down

Comment change 15 port limit to 20 in XHCI kext (9-series) 10.12

Find 83BD74FF FFFF10
Name AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Replace 83BD74FF FFFF16

Adding a patch works! Usb 3.0 is now working! I have not noticed that bluetooth was working on me :)

Here is my status:

Whats working:

Integrated Graphics(HD5500)

Brightness control

Brightness level on restart/shutdown

Internal Audio(speaker)

Internal Microphone

External Audio(headphone jack)

Sleep & Deep Sleep

Battery Meter/Status

Function Keys(volume, sound, network, etc)

Webcam

HDMI Video Out

USB 2.0

USB 3.0

Bluetooth

Not yet tested:

HDMI Audio

Wifi(not yet tested DW1560 is still on delivery)

Ethernet/Lan Cable

Not working(under testing and investigation):

External Microphone(headphone jack)

SDCard Reader

I will be upgrading from 10.11.4 to 10.11.6 this weekends hope that there will be no problems. Will upload also my bootpack tomorrow.

Thank you for your support. Thanks to Hervé and Bronxteck too.

• Administrators

You cannot tell if SD card reader is USB-internal or PCIe by looking at the slot. You have to check whether it appears under the USB section of your SysProfiler or in the list of PCI devices in DPCIManager app (or Terminal command lspci -nn if you've installed the package).

USB card readers normally work OOB or not all all. VoodooSDHC or Apple's own kext operate on compatible PCIe readers. If it's a PCIe model, you can try and declare it compatible with Apple's own device in DSDT. If it turns out compatible, it'll then work OOB.

• Like 1

Hi Hervé, upon checking, mine was a usb card reader. Detected by system information but does not work. Maybe it will never work. :/

Hi Jake. I noticed that after sleeping, sound never works when using the AppleALC. But reverting to AppleHDA_*255 it works after sleep.

Im looking into this issue

Also I noticed that usb 3.0 does not work again, but plugging in a 2.0 device in that port works.