E5440: system freezes on HDMI plugging

fwz.mhmd

• Administrators

Mobile Haswell iGPUs are subject to same treatment when it comes to Hackintoshes, whether it be HD4200, HD4400, HD4600 or Iris. Apple only supports Desktop HD 4600 (dev id 0412) so that needs to be faked for the mobile versions to be supported.

Injection of the appropriate Azul framebuffer layout is also necessary and that usually (but not always) is 0x0600260a (specified in reverse order). Consider that a framebuffer layout defines or corresponds to a particular set of Video RAM and output ports arrangements (types, numbers). You can read more about getting Haswell graphics support here.

Open up your config.plist with Clover Configurator and look at each tab/page, especially that for graphics and kext patches. You will find everything and, hopefully, catch things.  :idea:

HDMI output and cable hot-plugging will be fully supported once you apply the little patch I listed in my previous post; you actually had it in your original config.plist. What you required was to remove the other Azul framebuffer patches. Afaik, you don't need them.

Yesterday, I uploaded a revised version of your original config.plist where the only Azul Framebuffer patch is that as posted. Why don't you try it? If you prefer a pre-patched kext, use the attached one:

10.11.6(15G1004)_HDMI-patched_AzulFB.zip

The patched kext goes to /S/L/E where it replaces the vanilla version (keep a copy somewhere), followed by permissions repair + cache rebuild via Terminal:

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

If you get errors, repeat the last 2 x commands.

If you use the pre-patched kext, you should remove the Clover on-the-fly patch entry programmed in the config.plist, but considering your current skills, I strongly suggest you keep the easy route, i.e. the Clover config one...