E5440: system freezes on HDMI plugging

fwz.mhmd

No installed another os on a partition. And it does boot what doesnt work is when i pass the clover screen the screen just blacks out.

If i boot without caches and injected kexts it gets stuck on this last line '**** [iOBluetoothFamily][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Trasnport!

I can also boot into safe mode but cant access my efi partition

• Administrators

That's perfectly normal since you no longer have graphics acceleration.

Go back to your original config.plist; you uploaded a copy in post #3... If I were you, I would:

Once you're back in business, patch the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul kext as follows to support HDMI output:

Find: 01050900 00040000 87000000

Replace by: 01051200 00080000 87000000

​That's all you should need in terms of HDMI patch afaik, nothing else. That's all I use for my HD4600-based E6440 and I've no problem whatsoever once the patch is installed. I do experience system freeze on HDMI cable plugging otherwise.

What version of OS X are you running by the way? You kind of omitted that sort of critical details...

For audio, you should also choose between EAPDFix or CodecCommander kexts but not use both... But that's a detail compared to your HDMI issue. You'll also need Rehabman's FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio kext for HDMI audio.

Use the attached revised config.plist if you can't do any of the above:

NB: you don't need the AsusAICPUPM patch on a Haswell platform, only the kernelPm patch. The former is for Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge platforms.