E5440: system freezes on HDMI plugging

fwz.mhmd

• Administrators

with 9 pages worth of effort on all our parts it should have been up and running a long time ago. all i can think of is maybe you have a bad bios flash or you need to reinstall from scrratch with the latest configs. if you have a spare drive retry on it.

I dont know how im going to feel after i delete all my data but ive decided to start fresh since no ones replied since 2 days.

Ive attached an image below and before i begin i would like to know why i have a gap between Windows Boot Manager and Uefi: St500.... Etcpost-4953-0-60699400-1473744390_thumb.jpg

Thanks that worked, except the audio doesnt work :) and is there anything else to check that doesnt work, my graphics card seems to be working.

I shouldve reinstalled the OS on top without formating the drive in the first place without going thorugh all this hardship.

• Moderators

Well, it's the only way to learn.

If you installed the patched kexts to /L/E and the correct DSDT and Config is in EFI, audio should work.

Try booting without cache, then run the permission fix and rebuild cache. Reboot once more. Audio should work.