Dell Precision T1600 + GTX 750Ti = Graphics Issues - Help!

ssprod

Greetings,
Dell Precision T1600/Xeon E3-1270/Asus GeForce GTX 750Ti
Have successfully installed 10.11.6 via Clover Legacy Method, but for the life of me cannot get proper graphics functioning. Proper Nvidia Webdriver has been installed, however when I boot with "nvda_drv=1", system boots to a black screen w/system still running. When I leave that boot flag absent, and boot with "inject Nvidia", I boot to the desktop and profile shows proper GPU w/0 meg. I have tried numerous SMBIOS profiles, 13,1/13.2/6,1 etc. to no avail. I have experimented with "AGDp Fix" with no success. Any help/suggestions as to whether I'm dealing with an impossibility, based on this branded system would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Bronx, hope all is well. 

what bios version are you on--->A16

i think the GTX has UEFI GOP driver support--->Will investigate

have you tried using with CSM or without-CSM doesn't seem to be an option

why legacy clover-couldn't boot with UEFI, although I may have been in error setting the boot path

also what graphics ports are you using-DVI (tried both ports) + HDMI-all ports behaving the same

there are reports VGA might work on that card but you can also try adding this rom to your clover EFI/CLOVER/ROM folder to test

Wow, Bronx you're correct! VGA works fine without the ROM on 10.11.6. ROM doesn't allow for DVI or HDMI however. Should I assume that VGA is my only solution? Assuming I'm out of luck with the other ports, the only issue remaining is non-functioning LAN. Not sure which kext to use.  Thank you.