Kernel Panic 6430u (i7-3687u HD4000 1600x900) on Sierra

antrieb

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to downgrade, but either I did something wrong or it is just not working. I was not able to boot without cache option.

Today I did another clean install using the latest source file downloaded from AppSt0re last night. Got the same exact panic report.

EFI and DSDT found in this forum.

• Administrators

is there any way you can try it on a clean single dedicated drive with all fresh downloads and remake  the whole usb installer incase it is pulling stuff from other drives or partitions. also if your using some sort of app to make the installer. don't use it either make the installer manually. same goes for bootloader.

I think I already did create USB installer manually twice, as clean as I could imagine. I followed Jake's clover guide. No other tools or files used except for those listed in the guide. For the last clean install I deactivated the internal SSD. The USB installer does not have the kexts files that seem to create problems. I don't know how else I could do the installer cleaner...

I uploaded my EFi folder and the /S/L/E + /L/E folder contents here, see previous posts if you want to take a look.

What does the KP report actually tell us? Does it mean that the kexts files are loaded during the boot or are those kexts like a fix part of the kernel? Is there a way to remove them from the kernel or something?

• Administrators

the only other thing i can think of is one of the kexts you are using has those kexts inside a plugin folder sometimes they add things to fakesmc. myhack used to make a myhack kext which functioned in that manner.

Meanwhile I installed Sierra on the internal SSD (not USB) but still get the same KP error message when booting and another window pops up saying there was a problem.

sudo find / -name *oodoo*.kext -print 2>/dev/null 

When I execute the above stated code in the terminal I get some results. It returns for instance:

/EFI-Backups/r4035/2017-08-27-02h51/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

/EFI-Backups/r4035/2017-08-27-02h51/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

/EFI-Backups/r4035/2017-08-27-02h51/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

A few other hits are located in my user folders where I store all my various documents.

Could these .kexts located there be loaded by the system or the Clover Loader?

Also, not sure if this is linked to my initial problem I noticed that the update for Thunderbolt does not get installed properly as the App Store keeps asking to install it again and again. See screenshot from the App Store Update section below.

post-64963-0-73355000-1504162892_thumb.png

Thanks a lot for your help!

• Moderators

Kexts could only be loaded from /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other or the 10.12. or /L/E or S/L/E. Kexts from other directory could only be loaded if you manually load it yourself.

The directory from your screenshot is from a backup when you upgraded Clover loader.

Right click the Install tab and select HIDE. Your system does not have Thunderbolt as a real Mac does.