[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 10.12.4 initial mouse freezing

spidey123

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok finally got a chance to try it out.  Unfortunately same result.  The screen starts flashing and flickering like a strobe, I can't even look at the screen and I mean this is even before I hook up the HDMI.  So not sure what could be causing the flashing.   Thanks for trying my friend.  

Ok Jake Lo, gave it a shot and it works :D :D :D    Only small issue is that the resolution is a bit off when I connect the HDMI.  The top and bottom of the desktop doesn't show up, the menu doesn't display but its not a problem because I can control the menu on the PC desktop so I think you can add this one to the solved section.   Thanks again for all your help.    8-)  8-)

• Administrators

Top and bottom of screen don't show? I've got that on my TV when plugged in through HDMI and I have to adjust the underscan (or overscan?) parameter. Try that through your display PrefPane. That certainly allows me to perform a sort of zoom in/zoom out and get the full macOS desktop on screen.

Ok so I decided to try out the current .config on the HDTV that I usually use and this time I could use the underscan slider but the colours are purple.

On my other tv the colours are correct but the desktop was too big for the screen and the underscan slider wasn't available in the Display Pref menu.

Here is an image of what I see on my normaly watched HDTV.    I know that this doesn't happen with the older .config.plist

post-74232-0-91846700-1503708206_thumb.jpg