Dell Latitude E6420 - Sierra HELP

EladSaar21

Hello Jake Lo, after having updated, I happen to not boot but it is with the USB boot connected to PC. I have reinstalled Clover again but I can not get it started normally, because it can be ???

CLIENT MAC ADDR: D4BE D9 EE 91 F1. GUID:44454C3C 5300 1051 8034 C4C04F465331. DHCP ........   This is what comes out on screen when you try to boot without USB

Thank you

Good to all, a few weeks ago I was preparing a hackintosh MacOsSierra 10.12.3 installed in E6420 i5 1366x768 and finally I was quite satisfied with the result obtained, Now I´m waiting to receive a new wifi + bluetooth card for this laptop compatible.

Recently and seen the result of the previous I purchased Dell E6420 I updated BIOS with the version A23  (Enable Optimus,  Enable Intel SpeedStep,  Enable C-State Control,  Enable Intel TurboBoost,  Disable HyperThread control, Disable Intel Virtualization Technology, Disable VT for Direct I/O) I7-2640M 2.80 GHz 8Gb RAM resolution 1600x900 HD Graphics 3000 512 MB graphics card.

I installed correctly MacOs Sierra 10.12.3 boots ok without USB using Clover 2.3k r3766.

Now it's working: mouse and keyboard, USB data ports,and Ethernet.

Does not work HDMI audio / video, internal audio wifi  and bluetooth (I think it will not work) SD card does not work.

I downloaded and used "E6420 hd_3000 A23" and I also tried the "E6420_Optimus_A23" files with DSDT.aml (No DSDT_LoRes) I checked the file "Config.plist" if it contained the audio and graphics patched and verified that if they exist In the config.plist file when I edit it with clover configurator.

When I did another E6420 I5 I remember I had a problem similar to the audio, but the HDMI video output worked fine, in this case the difference is the graphics card and the processor is different and I can not know what happens.

Any suggestions ??

Thank you very much as always

Hello again I was reading in the thread "E6420 Help / NVIDIA NVS 4200M" and I do not know but I think this new dell that I am preparing is more similar to what is spoken in this thread.

I have managed to run the internal audio and microphone, but I still do not work HDMI.

On the patched HDMI display port # 5 (built-in-port) Find * [Hex] 02050000 00040000 07000000 Replace * [Hex] 02050000 00080000 05000000
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB

Is this patched correct ??

I have noticed that sometimes it remains frozen everything except the mouse , I can keep moving it on the screen, for example, when you open and move´s browser windows, finder windows,preferences windows and switch from one to another, between the first and second plane of the Desktop, the laptop stays frozen and only allows to move the mouse and invokes reboot from the button.

I imagine it has something to do with the graphics when you ask for performance to the video card is like it crashes.

Is this normal? Or equal to think that the laptop is not good at all and is some hardware problem?

Is not operating the system so I do not know what it will be, but every time it does more is a very rare thing for it makes me think that it is a graphic problem but I do not know.

I hope it is not well configured because if it is not so I will have to think that if it is Hardware problem.

I would like to congratulate all the administrators and creators, collaborators and foreros for the help they offer in a disinterested way.

THANK YOU ¡¡¡¡

• Moderators

Hello again I was reading in the thread "E6420 Help / NVIDIA NVS 4200M" and I do not know but I think this new dell that I am preparing is more similar to what is spoken in this thread.

I have managed to run the internal audio and microphone, but I still do not work HDMI.

On the patched HDMI display port # 5 (built-in-port) Find * [Hex] 02050000 00040000 07000000 Replace * [Hex] 02050000 00080000 05000000

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB

Is this patched correct ??

If you have Optimus (Nvidia nvs4200m), then HDMI Audio does not work. It's  connected to the Nvidia card only. Unfortunately the Nvidia is not working on Sierra, you'll have to install El Capitan instead for that to work.

• Like 1

Good morning Jake Lo, thanks for your answer, the problem by which the laptop freezes, could be due to this ??

I am worried about this issue, it is not clear to me whether the problem will be configuration or the machine itself.

In any case I have not got and see video for HDMI for Sierra, you talk to me that the audio does not work but the video should have worked? The same has some relation with the frozen problem.

I decided to install El Capitan and so verify the operation of HDMI but above all check how it behaves with the Captain for the problem of frozen, if the result is that it also freezes, I will have to pose, install a windows and sell the machine

Which of the packages should install the E6420 for El Capitan or Ex20_NVS also for El Capitan?

a greeting