Dell Latitude E6420 - Sierra HELP

EladSaar21

IMG_9829.JPGHello everyone, thank you in advance for all the information provided here.

I have a problem with a MacOx Sierra 10.12 installation on Dell Latitude E6420 Bios A23.

I can boot well without USB but on the screen I see it quadruple, they come out as 4 desktops as 4 cubes instead of a single image.

Has anyone had this happen?

The installation I made with clover 2.3k rev 3766, and a dsdt.aml for my Dell that I downloaded from this link:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-Clover-guide /

Legacy - GUID Scheme
 - SandyBridge
 -E6420_A23.zip

The resolution that is configured in Clover configurator is 1600X900

I already say that almost everything works well but the graph brings out 4 windows. If I use the keys FN + F8 try to switch but it stays with sync failure, if I restart the 4 desks again.I already say that almost everything works well but the graph brings out 4 windows.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

• Moderators

What's the default resolution of your display?

Look in the BIOS, it'll tell you the max resolution.

Then select the correct DSDT/Config file combo.

If your display really is 1600x900, then use the DSDT/Config.plist not the x-LoRes files

Thanks you Crew ,  the resolution in BIOS is 1366x768, I have replaced the configLoRes files but it boots the same.

I am trying to replace the file in the EFI folder of the HDD, but the installation was done with the config.plist that was not Low Resolution, maybe it is necessary to reinstall again?

And you know something about the wifi card also does not detect the ethernet if but wifi does not work

If I connect the HDMI output it is seen correctly, as long as I first disable the Kext Patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB, if it is not disabled when I connect the HDMI cable to the Pc reset.

I have tried to reinstall booting from USB and I have replaced the config.plist file with the configLoRes.plist renaming it before, when the installation has started the "damn" 4 desks.

Any other suggestions...

• Moderators

No need to reinstall. If you could connect to HDMI and able to maneuver around, then you could mount the EFI partition. Replace both the DSDT and the Config file by renaming the LoRes files to just DSDT an Config.

If you have Intel Wireless card, it's not supported as stated on the top of the guide. You'll need to replace it with a supported device.

I have tried to replace the dsdt.aml files by renaming the x- LoRes as well as the config.plist and pasted into the hdd / EFI folder, I have rebooted but it still stays the same.

I do not know why, but I can not mount the EFI partition with Clover Configurator, the partition does not appear even though the EFI folder exists, can I reinstall another version of Clover on the Hdd other than the version I installed from the USB?

i´m sorry and thank.

I installed the latest version of clover 2.4k re4049 and I copied the files, so it does not boot from the HDD it only boots when it does from USB. I have reinstalled the 2.3k rev.3766, I must say that this version of clover does not allow to customize the options po be already created for Legacy Mode.

If I install clover 2.4k and configure the options of:

-install UEFI booting only
-install Clover in the ESP
-Drivers64UEFI \ OsxAptionFixDrv-64
-Install Rc scripts on target volume
-install preferences pane

The result is that it does not start. The other way starts well but with 4 desks.

Anyway I tried to mount the partition once installed clover 2.4 but I could not mount it with clover Configurator.

• Administrators

i think 4049 clover installer has issues with the legacy boot binaries. you can try installing 3766 with it's installer then manually replace bootx64.efi and cloverx64 binarys. i guess save the 4049 binarys somewhere before reinstalling 3766 to have them available to put it back

if efi is on disk0s1 you can try repair it with

diskutil repairVolume /dev/disk0s1

in terminal

thank you, 

I have managed to install rev. 4049 from Clover and I get it to boot from the HDD but I still have 4 screens. And I still can not mount the EFI partition of the HDD.

If I modify the binaries that specify the clover becomes the Rev. 3766 automatically.

have also repaired the disc HDD from Disk Utility and everything is correct, the case is that it works well for HDMI.

I think I'm going to have to settle for Yosemite 10.10 who does not do the 4 desks, but I get a lot of anger because I know it works

For the installation I used a USB format Mac Ox Extended (Journaled) M.B.R options Ubibest (Clover 2.3 rev.3766) Sierra has been installed with the boot options Legacy mode, in the graphics options I have not selected any options.

After doing the USB I copied the Dsdt.aml and Config.plist into the folder USB / EFI / CLOVER and I copied the kext that came in the download that I mentioned before.

Dell Latitude E6420

8Gb RAm 1333 
intel core i5
graphics 1366x768
boot Legacy Mode
Clover 2.3k rev.3766
Clover 2.4k rev.4049
4 desktop main screen
HDMI OK