Dell Latitude E6420 - Sierra HELP

EladSaar21

I used these commands but it does not work.  

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /L*/E*
      sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
      sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

• Administrators

Explain "it does not work"...

You'd obviously only repair permissions to /L/E and/or /S/L/E and rebuild your cache if you'd added or made modifications to kext(s) there. If you're injecting kexts through Clover EFI folder, then you'd indeed be wasting your time rebuilding your cache.

Anyway, you stated you "finally discarded" the OS X/macOS installation, so matter's closed I guess.

I apologize for my English, Hervé, I may not express myself adequately at the time, I was referring to the installation of Os X, specifically in a laptop Dell E6420 i7 that you buy second-hand. When I saw in good the operation of another laptop that I have always that is also the model E6420 but with micro i5.

The problem that tube, I think was that laptop had some problem in the hardware had strange behavior, and finally decided not to continue trying and return it to its former owner.

I tried to undo it, I regret the confusion.

I currently use a Dell E6420 i5 laptop and an i7 desktop. The two I have updated today from version 12.3 to 12.5 in the case of the desktop there has been no problem, but in the laptop I left without keyboard and tacil, I am using with devices by USB keyboard and mouse.

Wanting to solve it again copy the kexts that I use for the installation of MacOx Sierra 12.3 thinking that maybe it would be solved but it was not.
 In Clover I have not modified or added anything, I do not know if there is any patched for this (keyboard and touch), or a kext to be installed, when I did the 1st installation does not fall because I worked well first and I did not give problem until now To update.

I use the kext descagados of this forum of osxlatitude.com.

Thanks for the help, and the disinterested collaboration, the help is greatly appreciated, and I understand perfectly that many times it is very difficult to answer the users not experts because we make it very difficult when we do not know sometimes or formulate the question well Nor clearly explain the problems.

Yet I repeat that I am very grateful and very happy with the results obtained many times with your help.

Hello, I have verified that the kext of PS2 that you indicate to me is correct, the truth I do not know exactly why it happens.

I wanted to try to do another clean installation in another HDD to do tests, and I check that when I install version 10.12.3 I have no problems but when I update it to 10.12.5 it stops working.

Maybe something I do not do well. At the moment and until I can devote some more time to this matter I think I'll leave it with version 10.12.3 for the Dell E6420 laptop.

However I have updated the other PC Desktop with Gigabyte p55a-UD4 card and no problem, without doing anything simply to update and everything works the same.

A question that I have observed with respect to the touch of the laptop e6420 is that from time to time the touch after a restart stops working and in the preferences of the system I see that the device is not recognized by the system. (USB ports work fine)

I'm still not clear on why, but I think this happens when once installed and working everything is correct, if I modify some option of the configuration in preferences of the touch screen, and enable some of the options that default come without enabling after And restart not always but sometimes I check that it is not recognized, I wanted to ask if someone has happened to something similar.

Maybe I should not modify any of the trackpad options (preferences) that already come by default when the installation is done.

The truth is that it has me baffled, this theme of the touch screen.

thank´s