Mavericks on E6410 with Intel HD graphics

Hervé

I'm on the 520m and I am having the same issues with the screwed up screen. I had installed first using 10.9.0 and everything went OK. After updating through the app store to 10.9.5 the screen went haywire. So I made a new installer with 10.9.5 and with that the screen is even screwed up booting from the USB to do a new install. I've tried everything mentioned here that might be the problem with no changes. Any thought?

Just a quick note from a newbie.

Success!  I have now a functioning copy of Mavericks running on: 

A Dell E6410 (with core i5, 8GB RAM and the old Intel HD Graphics chipset).

This is how I did it.  Your own mileage may vary:

1. Followed the Macbreaker Guide for installing the Niresh Mavericks build in a Virtualbox on my Windows machine.  This gave me a pretend Mac.  -Which is slow and clunky, and unable to run anything requiring Apple's Core Graphics processes, (which I need for the application I have to work with), but it IS good enough to do all the things necessary to take the next step:

2. Using my new Virtualbox Mac, I followed patel4prez's Guide and used the Myhack software from the Myhack website to create the bootable USB installation stick needed to turn my Dell Latitude E6410 into a full-on, NOT virtual Mac.

Note: The OS X 10.9 Mavericks app necessary to build the bootable USB installation stick at the time I was planning all of this, was free on the Apple app store.  Personally, I think they're being a bit liberal with the term "app"  -The thing is a honkin' huge 5GB installation package.  For me, an "app" is an angry bird or a flashlight.  But anyway.., barely a few hours into this whole build-a-Hackintosh process, Apple pulled the silly thing from circulation. The link was there when I started, and then when I needed to download it, poof! Gone.  Talk about crazy timing. Luckily, I found a clean copy of the massive "app" in this torrent.

3. I then Followed Ghostrider's (from Insanelymac) Guide to setting up the Intel HD Graphics chipset.  It worked.

The end product is a functioning Hackintosh with Core Graphics enabled and no problems!  (All it took was the knowledge and expertise from three excellent Hackintosh forums, and rather more hours of bleary-eyed tinkering than I'd prefer to admit.  But it LIVES!)

So, Cheers and thank-you all for sharing your knowledge and coding genius.  You helped save me from having to buy a $1500 machine I only need for the duration of a single job.

You're all awesome!

I just followed the guide for a fresh install on my E6410. So far everthing is working except for my wifi. I will fix that in a minute. I wasn't able to source the original mavericks Install app from the store. I did get my hands on a dmg that is a custom built install disc. There is no "InstallESD.dmg" inside just a large 3GB package file among the standard structure. It works just fine with myhack tho. I even formatted the USB drive using GPT and it boots just fine.

Thank you Jake Lo for the Intel package! After you run myhack to create the USB Installer, I would copy both "E6410 M"(Original Guide), and "Extra-E6410_Mav" (Jake Lo) to the USB root as well. You will need to apply the Extras packages numerous times. Each time you will need to remove the "AppleIntelHDGraphics*" from /System/Library/Extensions/. Then apply the original E6410M Extras, and apply the E6410 Mav Extras.

Boot to USB.

Long timeout...Disk Util(format)........Install OSX to say "Mavericks"

At the end of OSX Install myhack will run and ask to install extras. Install generic for now...

Reboot.

Boot to USB again.

Long timeout.....Utils->Terminal.

rm -rf /Volumes/Mavericks/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphics*
exit

Utils->myhack......Install Extra(E6410M) to /Volumes/Mavericks

Utils->myhack.......Install Extra(Extra-E6410_Mav) to /Volumes/Mavericks

Reboot.

Done!

If you install any OSX 10.9.X combo update you will need to boot to USB, remove the AppleIntel extensions and re-apply the Extra packages. I just had a fresh 10.9.0 and it updated to 10.9.5. All is well. Just wanted to report in for anyone else trying this.

After a successful installation of Mavericks, when I boot to configure a user and start the OS for the first time, the screen boot screen with apple logo remains on the screen and the voice over command is instructing me of how to use the voice command and the keyboard. I cannot see anything beside the apple boot screen.

How can I fix this?  

• Moderators

This just means your graphics card is not loaded. If you have the model with HD Graphics, you'll need to remove AppleIntelHDGraphics* from /System/Library/Extensions. You won't be able to get full graphics acceleration with this system.

Boot in single user mode to remove those files.

Ditto for me. Is it possible that the latest iteration of Mavericks available at the App Store (I d/led the Mavericks installer yesterday) contains the culprit. Does anyone know if the Mav. Installer was recently updated?

System: E6410 with i5-540M @2.53GHz; 8GB RAM; HD Graphics

I recently had a successful install of Mavericks 10.9.5 on my Dell E6410 Intel HD Graphics Ven:8086 DEV:046 Native Res;1400x900x32. Everything went well for the most part. I have eDP so I followed the Intel HD Graphics CI Guide.

I downloaded The CI 10.9.5 and installed. When it loads to the login screen the picture is distorted and has faint lines in it. At this point I am Stuck how to resolve this. I can boot in safe mode to revert the changes. I am a newbe, I can follow Guides and have built several hackintosh desktops, but this is my first laptop. There is so much I do not know. So I am reaching out to those that do, for your much appreciated HELP! If anyone has an idea I would be most grateful. Thank you for your time. Philixthekat.