DELL LATITUDE 7280 TB

abraxis

Hi Black.Dragon,

I gave the DSDT you uploaded for tldrbro  a try along with the VoodooI2c kext.

Didnt work but i do see VoodooI2c on boot picking up info about my trackpad.

I removed the plugins as specified but i ultimately had to put them back to get keyboard and trackpad functional. 

Ive attached my debug if you could take a look.

thx

debug_6658.zip

Hi Black.Dragon,

I tried the DSDT and changing ig-platform and the results are the same; trackpad not working and brightness control only after wake from sleep. I attached the debug files.

As for the trackpad, it is an Alps as seen in the image below (touchpad river in Windows).

Thank you for your help.

Note: Sorry for the delay, I've been very busy this past days and could not test and repond as quickly.

debug_3399_before_sleep.zip

debug_16952_after_sleep.zip

post-4953-0-67102900-1513632385_thumb.jpeg

Hello tldrbro did you have the 7280 to works (especially the touchpad).

I do have a Latitude 7280 (8Gb RAM, HD520 Skylake Graphics, BIOS 1.6.5, i5-6300 @ 2.4GHz) and I have installed HS: most of the things are working, following others forums, but no touchpad neither wifi (which I suppose I need to exchange).

No ACPI modding (nothing in E/C/A).

Did you have a woking system? What are you running S o HS?

What about trackpad?

Thank you all in this thread.

@abraxis, I've installed only Sierra.

Wake from sleep it is OK. Halt and reboot OK, no KP.

I did successfully install HS but with the same results, so I went back to S and still working on this.

My only great issue is trackpad: never seen it working. No matter what I do. Tried many different things (from this site and all the others, using ACPI modded files, without only with kexts, etc.) no way.

Was your TP working on Sierra?

@Bronxteck, Thank you for your reply.

No function key to disable TP but as per your screenshoot it is an Alps if I check in Win10.

Do you have to mod DSDT files to make it working (besides waking from sleep problem)?

In WIn10 just to make you laugh the external mouse I youse after sleeping it is disabled and never come back to life until a reboot or a restar...

In Mac OS the external it always working in any case but the trackpad is dead.

Can you share your Clover config (I think our lap are the same) just to understand in which way you have it working.

Thanx

• Moderators

Yes, you need to patch DSDT for trackpad to work.

Look for Device PS2M, remove Method _STA, this will enable trackpad using VoodooPS2Controller 1.8.29

Issue is, after wake from sleep, it gets disabled for unknown reason. Until I2C is supported, this is temporary solution.