[HELP] E6540 High Sierra install

sunilkumar

I actually preferred IOReg output from the app I linked but no matter...

DSDT 2 fixed for SD Card reader. I believe it's patched to the wrong location.

Audio kext should work, you need to set layout-id = 1 in the Config file. Place both those kexts in /Library/Extensions

Repair permission and rebuild cache

Thanks Jake Patched DSDT working for card reader now only one issue of no sound. No layout-id in config.plist. I had placed kext in /L/E

• Moderators

post output of these commands

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /L*/E*
      sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
      sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Here is the output

rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fdc3d021d40 [0x7fffb099c980]> { URL = "AppleBacklightInjector.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.AppleBacklightInjector" }

kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fdc3d016b40 [0x7fffb099c980]> { URL = "FakePCIID.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fdc3c7fad60 [0x7fffb099c980]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HDMI-Audio" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fdc3c7efcb0 [0x7fffb099c980]> { URL = "CodecCommander.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.tw.CodecCommander" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fdc3a608030 [0x7fffb099c980]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HD-Graphics" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fdc3c6bda10 [0x7fffb099c980]> { URL = "HoRNDIS.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.joshuawise.kexts.HoRNDIS" }

KernelCache ID: B4372DAD4A42A280B8B5428CB3EDBFB5

kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot

There is AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E

Should I delete this or it is ok to keep this file ?

Attached Config.plist

config.plist.zip

• Moderators

I don't see AppleHDA_ALC292.kext showing in the output.

Keep AppleHDA.kext where it is, you need that for audio to work.

Rerun this until you see AppleHDA_ALC292.kext shows up in the output. Then reboot

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
      sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Hey Jake - 

I also have the same hardware as a couple of the other users. :)

Dell Latitude E6540 with i7 4810MQ , Intel HD 4600 graphics , 16 Gig ram , 500gig hard drive and Radeon 8790M

I am the similar issue with the graphics getting scrambled and flickers, once the installer starts (it's like a vertical sync issue).  I'm wondering if I just have a line incorrect in the config.plist file, or if I'm dealing with an AMD Radeon issue at the Bios level (I don't see any way to address this in the bios).  I also noticed I have a really old bios. Rev A16.

I tried to download you complete boot pack (E6540_HD4600_Only.zip), but the site is not working to download them.

Any thoughts you have would be appreciated! :)

• Administrators

try closing the lid and opening it when that happens sometimes it clears up the screen.

do you know which graphics card is loading the installer?

maybe look into lilu kext and its plugins. they have one for intel graphics and one for ATI I think its called whatever green.

Hi Jake,

Thanks for all of your help , unfortunately I have created another problem , I was trying to fix a minor issue and after installing and reinstalling many times I have locked myself out of imessage. Would creating a new system ID and serial number fix the problem? If so would you be able to help me in resolving the issue?

Any help would be much appreciated.