E6420 research thread

Stork

• Moderators

Ok... that makes sense, will try E/E when I get home. ok. If a kext works well, is it ok to install it to /S/L/E/?

Also just fun. I made an extensions Alias and Placed a folder called "s" that contains a folder called "l" and then the alias renamed "e" so I don't have to type out /system/library/extensions/, just /s/l/e/.

Only problem is when you upgrade, the file might get overwritten. This is where myHack shines. It put all the modded files from E/E into a little file call myHack.kext in SLE which will never get overwritten.

Hey Jake Lo,

I installed MyHack Utilities and installed the kext into /E/E/ and ran MyFix and moved the DSDT into /E/ and HDMI audio and Video work. But now VGA doesn't work... and my old script doesn't work now. Any way could you also patch AppleIntelSNBGraphics for VGA output? 

Thank you Jake Lo.

Hey Jake Lo,

I installed MyHack Utilities and installed the kext into /E/E/ and ran MyFix and moved the DSDT into /E/ and HDMI audio and Video work. But now VGA doesn't work... and my old script doesn't work now. Any way could you also patch AppleIntelSNBGraphics for VGA output? 

Thank you Jake Lo.

As you have posted a reply reporting that VGA out command of yours will work for HD4000 too. Did you test this in HD4000 for VGA out? and your links for the commands are not working  so can you post these commands links again plz.

Haven't posted in this thread for ages, but as Im looking to put an SSD in the E6420 I fire up the laptop to make sure i could dual boot OXS 10.8 and Window8 on the same HDD.

the issue Im getting now is with JakeLo's extra folder from the following post and now I remember why I haven't played with the laptop in all this time because 2 things keep hapening -

1. you select shutdown or reboot and OSX does neither but rather dos F*** off and then take you back to the login screen.

2. upon logging in I loose acess to both the keyboard and the mouse and have to plug in and extermnal mouse and k/b#

3. but then even that fails and I loose access all together.

And on a side note the latest JL bootpack for my nVidia based E6420 results in a KP.

• Moderators

Haven't posted in this thread for ages, but as Im looking to put an SSD in the E6420 I fire up the laptop to make sure i could dual boot OXS 10.8 and Window8 on the same HDD.

the issue Im getting now is with JakeLo's extra folder from the following post and now I remember why I haven't played with the laptop in all this time because 2 things keep hapening -

1. you select shutdown or reboot and OSX does neither but rather dos F*** off and then take you back to the login screen.

2. upon logging in I loose acess to both the keyboard and the mouse and have to plug in and extermnal mouse and k/b#

3. but then even that fails and I loose access all together.

And on a side note the latest JL bootpack for my nVidia based E6420 results in a KP.

Did you enable Optimus and use the correct SSDT from the folder?

Afternoon Jake

I havent been keeping up with all your threads, but I thought we were supposed to keep Optimus disabled..? and when I used the updated extra I just pointed MyHack at the extra's folder only. I assume that with regard to the latest extra's and not my weird k/b, mouse, shutrdown issue?

• Moderators

Afternoon Jake

I havent been keeping up with all your threads, but I thought we were supposed to keep Optimus disabled..? and when I used the updated extra I just pointed MyHack at the extra's folder only. I assume that with regard to the latest extra's and not my weird k/b, mouse, shutrdown issue?

Are you referring to this updated guide and Extra?