E6420 research thread

Stork

Guest Andrew

Honestly I probably do not have that much time to mess with this Intel HD 3000 thing. I am in the middle of my iPhone app development fun already.

Hi

Did you manage to solve the problem with installation on e6420 with HD 3000 graphic card?

I have this latitude model and I am looking for the solution how to install MAC OS 10.7.3.

I could use some help :)

Honestly I probably do not have that much time to mess with this Intel HD 3000 thing. I am in the middle of my iPhone app development fun already.

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1537&page=2

I'm about to try this on my E6520....waiting for my Lion install to finish. Did you try this?

In one of the comments, someone posted:

"thanks! it works on my Acer Aspire 4750G Core i5-2410M QE/CI now working on Snow Leopard! Intel HD 3000 - Device ID of 8086-0116

0x01168086

just add it on the plist of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and QE/CI and resolution should work. "

Someone else says,

"You don/t need this. Intel HD3000 work's perfectly with chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) 1.5+"

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1537&page=2

I'm about to try this on my E6520....waiting for my Lion install to finish. Did you try this?

In one of the comments, someone posted:

"thanks! it works on my Acer Aspire 4750G Core i5-2410M QE/CI now working on Snow Leopard! Intel HD 3000 - Device ID of 8086-0116

0x01168086

just add it on the plist of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and QE/CI and resolution should work. "

Someone else says,

"You don/t need this. Intel HD3000 work's perfectly with chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) 1.5+"

I'm still trying to get successful Lion install on Dell E6520. Help me please. I've reinstalled LION many times and it works great until I mess with multifail. I've been making more progress using champlist. No ones DSDT files are any good. They mess up my boot and give me Kernel Panics. And, immediatly after my first boot, I have the trackpad and the finger pointer between the G and H key (i dont know the real name) works without scroll reverse. Anytime i use anyone elses DSDT or Easy Beast, those features go away. Also ethernet disappears.

Anyway, please provide some help. I'm on all of the OS X forums asking for help so please dont ask to go to the links that have already been listed in this forum, I've been there. I normally dont post anything in forums becuase I do know how to research and read for answers. It seems there just isnt any support for the E6520. Maybe because it's expensive, I dont know. Let me know what else I should provide if anything for you to help me. Thanks

thats why we dont use tony's stuff it's not reliable and is unnecessary.... you need to dump your dsdt and patch it.

Is there a specific process that I should follow exclusively for the Dell E6520?