Dell lattitude 7480 - Mojave install : need help

Nancy10

I must say it worked, 

I got into the booting, but I can't pick my volume to install on. The volume is there (in diskUtil) but greyed. I can't format it as diskutil crashes when I do so. the problem is that it's stated as Apple_HFS format which I don't remember formatting as. 

In all cases, I must say it's something obvious to verify your installation media before trying the install, but I guess I had so much fait in mine (it dates from May 2018 in fact)

19 minutes ago, catmater said:

Did you have apfs filesystem support in clover drivers64UEFI  (ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi , or something like that)? 

Apfs is default file system start from High Sierra for SDD disk. HFS+ converted automatic in apfs during upgrade

I used your config which had those drivers. My problem right now is that I can't boot my windows installation to reformat my second partition as NTFS. apparently I lost the boot option to windows, I don't know how but it happened. I may need to fix windows boot first, then format my SSD partition and go back to the installer.

So, im sucsessfully upgrade my high sierra 10.13.6 to mojave 10.14.3 on Dell latitude 7480.

CPU: DualCore Intel Core i7-7600U, 3900 MHz

MB: Intel Kaby Lake-U

Video: Intel HD Graphics 620

Sound: Realtek ALC256

SSD: SK hynix SC311 SATA 256GB

Display: 2560 x 1440

Use new bootpack and standart upgrade procedure to mojave from appstore installer.  

Work almost all: 

CPU stepping, thermosensor, sleep, etc.

Video with HDMI output,  2560 x 1440, double screen, cloning, etc. 

Sound speaker stereo, loud and quality. 

Headphones sound in jack.

Mic (Siri also work)

Touchpad with some two fingers gesture 

Full level backlight

Wifi and bluetooth (card replace with dw1560 - BCM94352Z)

Ethernet card

USB port (all 3 usb)

Touchscreen

Smartcard reader

Not working

Biometric fingerprint sensor

cardreader

NFC

Here is full working config: download

Very-very grateful for the support to Jake Lo ! You are a man

3 hours ago, catmater said:

So, im sucsessfully upgrade my high sierra 10.13.6 to mojave 10.14.3 on Dell latitude 7480.

CPU: DualCore Intel Core i7-7600U, 3900 MHz

MB: Intel Kaby Lake-U

Video: Intel HD Graphics 620

Sound: Realtek ALC256

SSD: SK hynix SC311 SATA 256GB

Display: 2560 x 1440

Use new bootpack and standart upgrade procedure to mojave from appstore installer.  

Work almost all: 

CPU stepping, thermosensor, sleep, etc.

Video with HDMI output,  2560 x 1440, double screen, cloning, etc. 

Sound speaker stereo, loud and quality. 

Headphones sound in jack.

Mic (Siri also work)

Touchpad with some two fingers gesture 

Full level backlight

Wifi and bluetooth (card replace with dw1560 - BCM94352Z)

Ethernet card

USB port (all 3 usb)

Touchscreen

Smartcard reader

Not working

Biometric fingerprint sensor

cardreader

NFC

Here is full working config: download

Very-very grateful for the support to Jake Lo ! You are a man

thanks, will surely see it later. But have anybody had their DiskUtility crashing in the installer when trying to format a drive and rendering that drive unallocated. now I can't mount the drive because it is in a raw fs in order to format it, my system EFI partition keeps getting deleted each time I try and fail to format the drive (can't see why but they are on the same drive, so) and thus not being able to reach windows to allocate and format the partition again. 

Why would disk utility crash.

I must say everything didn't work out as I intended or wanted, but I got through the installer ( had to lose my Windows installation )
it was all some weird unexpected stuff that made this experience harder. Thanks to you I made it.

I want to ask if the wifi card on the 7480 is natively supported because from the installer it doesn't look like it is. @catmater

3 minutes ago, catmater said:

Internal card in 7480 - intel. No support for Intel wifi card exist. Only alfa glitch project.

ah, changing it would necessary then, :( 
but what about the touchpad, and backlight, does your most recent config fix those ? cause they are not working right now. ( I am yet to install those "to L/E kexts" to L/E)