Dell Latitude E5430 i5

surenmunoo

Hi guys,

One more question. I want to use a faster SSD as internal drive. So first I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the HDD to the SSD, when the SSD was connected via USB. Then I replaced the internal HDD of the laptop with the SSD. But now the laptop won't boot from the cloned drive.

I got these error messages (presumably from the BIOS) when booting from the cloned SSD, see the photo. I also got "Invalid partition table" error one other time.

When I connect the HDD via USB, I can however still run Clover and boot from the SSD. I created the screenshot from the drive setup:

"HDD 40 GB" = the original installation, connected via USB, booted Clover from USB, when in Clover booted from the SSD installation

"Clone" = the clone from the drive above.

Can anyone help me as to why I am not able to boot from the cloned SSD?

Thanks in advance!

Foto 30-06-19 om 10.49.jpg

Naamloos.jpeg

I managed to fix this myself, with a little help from this Youtube video. In short; Carbon Copy Cloner does not clone the EFI part of the disk. Clover Configurator can easily mount the EFI partitions of the source and destination disks, and a quick copy of the contents from one to the other EFI partition fixed this issue.

• Administrators

Hello,

I have a question regarding my Mojave install on a Dell E5430. The USB 3.0 controller is only recognized as a USB 2.0 controller, according to system information. So devices work, but backing up my system to USB is very slow. I tried using the USBinjectall.kext, but it has no (noticeable) effect.
I did a few hours of research, but I did not find a working solution. For example, I folllowed this guide https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap, but I think it  focusses on the ports, not on the controller.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

WMA, I created a patched SSDT, the USB kext did not work for me. I have 10.14.5 installed. I followed the instructions from inside the Hackintool app, under tab "USB", then the (i) symbol. For steps 10 and 13, I used USBmap. Remember, this method works only with "USBinjectall.kext" in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Good luck!