Help with installing lion on dell latitude D430

.123adhd

I've recently acquired a dell latitude d430 and I've seen where people can install lion (10.7.5) on it. I've found no good tutorial on how to do so and I'm wondering if anyone can give some pointers. I'm willing to go down to snow leopard if need at least to 10.6.7. Any help is greatly appreciated

• Like 1

• Administrators

You can install Lion with myHack app and Lion installation app/dmg image + our bootpack. myHack app will create the necessary USB installer and guide you all the way.

You'll need access to a Hack or a Mac running OS X Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks to run myHack app. If you don't have such access, you can try and install Snow Leopard with Nawcom's bootable modCD + a retail SL DVD (10.6/10.6.3/10.6.8) or a USB key on which an image of retail SL was restored.

That's how I started all those years ago, though the post is totally out of date now...

You would not have to complete the full tuned-up SL installation and could then proceed to create your Lion USB installer with myHack + Lion bootpack (and no need of old and defunct EDP).

thank you for the help i have installed snow leopard on the latitude and when i updated to 10.6.8 before i restarted I installed the boot pack with myHack and now my touchpad and keyboard will not work any advice?

UPDATE: My mouse works now, however the only problem is its really slow any advice on that?