Latitude E7450 OpenCore Big Sur installation help

ronald77

Okay, so I downloaded Jake Lo's link:

(https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/8514-dell-latitude-e7450-uefi-only-clover-and-opencore/?do=findComment&comment=104253)

I changed the EFI folder, booted in Catalina, no problem. Upgraded to Big Sur, no problem.

But when I reboot, there's problems. I don't have enough knowledge of this, so I attached a couple of files.

Would you take a look at those?

Archief.zip

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sorry. I tried to find some info, apparently that wifi card isn't supported. Bluetooth works though.

So I removed the FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, I figured that could be a problem.

Then, because I had a TP-Link WN725N, I installed this: https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-OC-Big-Sur-Adapter

I went into the OpenCore config file > NVRAM > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 >  and changed csr-active-config to FF0F0000 to disable SIP. After a reboot it seems it's changed back to 00000000 .

The installed app says 'usb wifi not connected' (tried multiple USB ports).

When I reboot it boots 4 to 5 times to get into Big Sur.

So, do I need to replace the wifi card? And would that resolve the booting issues?

Thanks!

• Moderators

Disable all that include BRCM* in it.

According the compatibility list, 7265 is supported. See here

To disable SIP, you need to boot to recovery mode, disable SIP, boot to normal mode. Do the installation, reboot to recovery mode to re-enable SIP.

So, I tried some different things; removing all BRCM kexts, trying to get the 7265 to work, I'm in way over my head. So I'll return to the clover/catalina configuration that works for my machine.

Thanks to all for the help and pointing into the right directions, I really appreciated that!