[Closed] AppleHDA patching requests

plsh2me

I played around with the path map id's in HDA, an got it to work even better.  This time internal speakers are first to work.  I no longer need HP in first to work.  It switches nicely between between the two.  However I just found I lose sound after sleep.  Any fix for that?  Something in DSDT I need to look for? I probably had this before but never realized it.

update: Affects only internal speakers.  HP still work after sleep.

update 2: Fixed the audio sleep by trying one of the ioaudiofamily kext in the thread fix your audio after sleep.

thanks!!  great work Emlydinesh...

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey EMlyDinEsH, I was trying to follow your guide to patch AppleHDA for my Samsung notebook, but I don't know what went wrong. I'm getting no output... And I can't follow the guide too much as its really complicated (or maybe its just me). Can you help me patch AppleHDA and my DSDT for Mountain Lion 10.8.3" Thanks! Attached are DSDT and codec dump...

Here are the patched files based on your dump, let me know if you need codec verbs and path maps.

Hope this helps.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

DSDT.dsl.zip

• Like 1

Hi, i tryed to patch AppleHDA by myself but im getting no output / input, yesterday i tryed use pre-patched applehda for ml 10.8.2 from this site without any editing and it works almost everything except internal speaker.

Can you help me patch AppleHDA for 10.8.2. Thank you in advance.

codec_dump.txt

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

I was able to get AppleHDA to work on my ALC663 by following your guide (I need to get the external subwoofer working, but I may be able to figure that out myself). My only problem is, however, that when the sound is activated again, a large popping sound is heard. According to the Internet, it is due to power saving. Do you experience that problem with your ALC269?

EDIT: I don't have the time and inclination to figure out to fix the subwoofer and I've resorted to using antipop for the popping.

Do you get pop sound always when you activate sound like playing music? I don't get pop sounds in my alc269 which doesn't has power saving mode in my codec but i've seen people getting this and figured out that they have power saving in the codec.

Yeah. Of course, sound also includes OS X's sound effects, like copying a file, which shocks me even more as I'm not expecting it then. Power saving is useless on this laptop as the battery life is so bad, but I'd rather the audio power saving was off entirely as I don't really like running antipop (runs "say" every 10 seconds). In Arch Linux, also, I had problems when power saving was on. Sadly, the only solution I have seen to disable power saving is changing the model in smbios.plist to MacPro3,1 which isn't an option on this laptop.

Thank you very much for this guide. It has been the only guide of its kind that I have actually been able to follow! :) I cheated in the end by using your Platforms.xml.zlib and layout28.xml.zlib from the K53SC in the EDP SVN once I realised that we shared the same pathmaps (I only have two extra - "Bass Speaker Playback Switch" and a SPDIF out which I think is for the subwoofer) and changed the codec IDs in the xml, plist and patch (63 06 EC... instead of 69 02 EC...).

EDIT: I just realised that I don't want to turn off power saving. Antipop lets your IOAudioFamily fix work as it always causes the speaker to output a sound at least once

Here are the patched files based on your dump, let me know if you need codec verbs and path maps.

Hope this helps.

Hey EMlyDinEsH, thanks for the reply. I couldn't reply for the last 3 weeks because of exams, was busy with studies. I would like the codec verbs and path maps if possible. Sorry for the late reply.

Just a note: I think there's something wrong with the DSDT, as it has a .dsl extension, but its only about 30kB...